Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

compiling path question

Thread: compiling path question

compiling path question

So when you compile where do the paths come from? Are they the defined paths in the .bashrc of the user trying to compile? I've ran into this sort of compiling problem at time, but never knew what to do to fix it.

Re:compiling path question

hello,
    which paths? there are paths deifned for you to use porggies, like gcc and there are pathes defined in makefiles which will setup up environments for compilesing the proggie

Ahhhh...so, if I compile and, let's say the path to 'test.c' is wrong, it's most likely in the Makefile? So, like in gcc, what are the paths used for? Object files and such? How would I go about changing that, if I ever needed to?

hey kernel killer,
    that should all be specified in the makefile, gcc is, while it hurts to say this, just another proggie that is told what to do by the user, and the users makefile.

Code:
    CC = /usr/bin/gcc
    CCOPTS = -O2 -ggdb
    RM = rm -f

examp:examp.c
            $(CC) $(CCOPTS) ex15_10 ex15_10.c 

#for a cfile called test.c in a directory relatve/path from current location
    test:test.c
            $(CC) $(CCOPTS) -o realtive/path/test relative/path/test.c

clean:
            $(RM) ex15_10 relative/path/test