Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Debian 3.0 install problem

Thread: Debian 3.0 install problem

Debian 3.0 install problem

Trying to install Debian 3.0 and ran into a problem: I get (in configuration) as far as picking the Locales. I can select and de-select them but cannot get out of the page. Everything freezes. Have to turn off the computer and then it goes back to the beginning of the configuration process and starts again, just to freeze again. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Kind Mastermind

Re:Debian 3.0 install problem

I assume that you downloaded the iso. Did you check the md5 checksum? Is it good or did the download go bad? That might be where the problem lies.

You should get an option ; "C", that makes english the default language.

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=7;threadid=4892;start=0#48718 date=1031513322]
    I assume that you downloaded the iso. Did you check the md5 checksum? Is it good or did the download go bad? That might be where the problem lies.
    [/quote]
    I am installing from CD's. With the screen freezing I have to turn off the computer, turn in back on (shades of Windows!), and it re-opens a few screens earlier resuming the Configuration. All parts of the configuration go fine until I get to this screen (Locales).

Are you sure it's frozen? Have you tried pressing the TAB key untill the cursor is on the OK button?

Please forgive me if this sounds like kindergarden but sometimes things like this are overlooked.

Other than that, I have no idea.

[quote author=Whiz link=board=7;threadid=4892;start=0#48732 date=1031527362]
    Are you sure it's frozen? Have you tried pressing the TAB key untill the cursor is on the OK button?

Please forgive me if this sounds like kindergarden but sometimes things like this are overlooked.

Other than that, I have no idea.
    [/quote]

Boy talk about feeling like a dummy!! :-[
    That was it! (Isn't it great how computers can make you feel like a complete idiot!!).
    Got it running - sort of. My screen resolution is too low and the time keeps appearing all over the screen (5-6 places).