Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Remote reboot possible ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote reboot possible ?

Good Guru

Re:Remote reboot possible ?

If it is a production server -- reboots cost alot of money. That is not an option. Now, if the sharks with lasers would kill the evil M$ infidels that are corrupting the porr old penguins, that may hange the picture a tad bit....

[quote author=ch-b link=board=1;threadid=4873;start=0#48604 date=1031346888]
    good idea .. but sometime i need to know why it just locks up
    [/quote]
    Ah yes, that's one of the major failings of my robot arm, it hasn't yet mastered the art of post lockup analysis

Good Guru

Damn technology. Hamsters. Thats the new thing. Hamsters that ride sharks with lasers.

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=1;threadid=4873;start=0#48612 date=1031348900]
    Damn technology. Hamsters. Thats the new thing. Hamsters that ride sharks with lasers.
    [/quote]

wow - dont know what drugs you are taking - but give me some ;D

Good Guru

gnome drugs. I hear that they really hamper my senses, but I like them anyways.

What distro?
    What version of said distro?
    What kernel?
    What's the purpose of the box?
    What services are running?

Send details:

# chkconfig --list | grep 3n > some-file
    # /sbin/sysctl -a > some-other-file
    # lsmod
    # uname -a
    # dmesg

I'm pretty sure with all of that info, there should be close to nothing that can't be fixed, or hacked to work better

Back in the day I remember people having ports that rebooted a box. IE: telnet host.com 97 and it would detect the connection and reboot. Simple, but stupid since port scans would reboot their boxen from time to time.

I know that there are a few products out there that are basically power strips that can accept a remote command to turn power off/on to a computer, thus allowing you to remotely hard-boot it. Compaq Servers also have this "lights out" board that you can connect to via browser and make the computer remotely reboot.

Definetly you should go figure out why its hard locking, probably by seeing what the last thing its doing in the logs, but if the machine is completely locked and doesn't respond to the network - I think that's pretty much doom.