Thread: Redhat Update Agent problems

Redhat Update Agent problems

Anyone else having problems as a "Free" user to upgrading from the Update Agent in RH7.3? I have been trying for two days at different times and have gotten the same prob. Server busy please buy a subscription.

I don't wanna buy a subscription... I dont wanna run kernel 2.4-18.3 either

Ras

Mentor

Re:Redhat Update Agent problems

[quote author=Rastar link=board=7;threadid=4681;start=#46679 date=1030055395]
    Anyone else having problems as a "Free" user to upgrading from the Update Agent in RH7.3? I have been trying for two days at different times and have gotten the same prob. Server busy please buy a subscription.

Ras

[/quote]

8) Debian 8) Lots of mirror servers, no subscription fees ...

[quote author=cloverm link=board=7;threadid=4681;start=0#46681 date=1030057498]
    [quote author=Rastar link=board=7;threadid=4681;start=#46679 date=1030055395]

Ras

[/quote]

8) Debian 8) Lots of mirror servers, no subscription fees ...
    [/quote]

APT APT APT APT APT APT APT

[quote author=Rastar link=board=7;threadid=4681;start=0#46679 date=1030055395]

Ras
    [/quote]

Yeah I had that problem too but... AFAIK it seemed to download and install everything anyway. I am running kernel 2.4-18.5 now.

Actually it is FREE. If you setup your account on redhat.com the problem will stop. If you are already registered with another computer, register that one, and switch over the services.

Good Guru

Paid services only guarantee that you get priority on high speed servers. Free accounts dont get that. This is mainly for businesses that would liek to upgrade 100 boxes in a relatively short period of time. I was keeping my 4 RH7.1 box LAN up to date by going and downloading just the packages and upgrading each box with the download set, not too difficult in other words.

If you go the free route and don't pay their subscription, you will occasionally get those server too busy errors. For what it's worth, I'm connected to RHN as I post this at 10:48 AM EST, and I don't pay for any subscriptions.

Good Guru

I dunno, maybe I get the preference since I buy box sets of RedHat ?? I thought that they were limited accounts though? Like 90 days or 60 days. I dunno. I never really have a problem, but then again, I havent used it in a few months. Things may have gotten worse than I thought.

[me=GOP Schotty]needs to re-move out and get cable or dsl. Or a t3.... yeah a t3 ;D[/me]

If you install the ximian/gnome desktop, you can get most of the RH updates via the red carpet update. I have had the most success around 7:00 pm central time with RH update.
    GMT -6