Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GAHHH; My trackball died......

Thread: GAHHH; My trackball died......

GAHHH; My trackball died......

....and now I'm using a plain old mouse; THIS SUCKS!!! I WANT MY TRACKBALL!!!!!!>SOB< :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Mentor

Re:GAHHH; My trackball died......

I dunno, I hate trackballs. They feel so ackward. Some people use them at the office and I really hate it when I have to work with them. I can't move my thumb as accurately as my wrist. Maybe I've been using mice for too long ...

[quote author=cloverm link=board=17;threadid=4852;start=0#48309 date=1031156764]
    I dunno, I hate trackballs. They feel so ackward. Some people use them at the office and I really hate it when I have to work with them. I can't move my thumb as accurately as my wrist. Maybe I've been using mice for too long ...
    [/quote]I've been using that tracball for about 3 years now; it WAS odd when i started with it, but not having to move my arm was worth it (Bursitis). Once I got used to the two scrollwheels (X and Y scrolling) and the three buttons (1 left, 2 right) a mouse feels very clumsy to me (I have to use one at work, and I hate it). I guess I'll be shopping this weekend; my damned printer just crapped too. I will buy another Epson though; they have excellent support for Linux; it's faster to set up an Epson printer in Linux than it is in any Win installation I've ever done. If you use Linux, buy Epson products; they're Linux-friendly.

Good Guru

Thanks for the printer reccomendation. How is Canon? They penguin friendly products as well?

do you play any FPS games? My friend uses a trackball and he says its easier to game with.

I've tried the trackball world and now I can't go back to mice. My wrist would hurt after using a mouse for a long time. Trackballs don't tire my wrists in the least. Plus I can't just grab a mouse, lean back, and use it on my leg.

My trackball is in for repairs.... I hate working with a mouse..

UPDATE: IT'S ALIVE!!!
    Having worked in the machining trade for (too) many years, I naturally want to know how something works, and when it breaks, my natural instinct is to try to fix it (that's exacerbated by the fact that I'm cheap too!) I disassembled my trackball, and two little tiny steel balls fell out. Looking around the inside I saw a third ball swedged into a tower, with two more ball-less towers arranged in a circle; I assumed that the ball-less towers were supposed to have balls. Upon examination, I found that the loose balls had flat spots from wear, hich is why they fell out of the towers (they were swedged before they were flat-spotted; when they wore, they were loose enough to fall out.) I measured the balls; they were .0937" inches in diameter (3/32" inch), they were also soft; that's why they wore flat. The ball and tower arrangement supported the main ball, so when the steel balls dropped out, the main ball wouldn't rotate smoothly; that's why I thought my trackball was junk. Anyway, I got 3 new .0937" CARBIDE balls, re-swedged them into the towers, and it's just like a new unit; nice and smooth, great control, and NO ACHING SHOULDER.
    BTW: those CARBIDE balls won't flatspot in my lifetime; they're harder than my skull!

Good Guru

Carbide ... I think that will last your great granchildren's lives