Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Stupidest question ever asked on this board..

Thread: Stupidest question ever asked on this board..

Hybrid View

Stupidest question ever asked on this board..

Has anyone here ever made a face plate for a floppy drive that doesn't have one? (ie it came from a machine where all the slots and holes were built into the case)
    I'm thinking about "modifying" the exisiting drive bay blanking plate. I've just got this sneaking suspiscion that it will end up looking like a dog's dinner.
    Hmmm, maybe it's time for a wooden case mod...
    Btw, I did warn you.

Re:Stupidest question ever asked on this board..

do we have a case mod forum...

anywho, not for a floppy but for a CD drive. I used an old pop, possibley beer, aluminum can. it turned out pretty good.

Good Guru

If you got a dremel, you could possible get one that looks decent. Use the dremel to do the bulk, and an exacto to get the fine tuning. Do remember though, that a dremel casuses heat, which can melt or burn the plastic.. Be careful. If the plastic burns/melts at low temps, you may need to use an exacto for the whole shit and caboodle.

HTH.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't think I know anyone with a dremel. The most delicate cutting tool I have is a junior hacksaw. Possibly not the ideal tool for that shitty beige plastic stuff.
    A beer can sounds inventive (I'm surprised you didn't think of it Schotty ). Plus it comes with geek points, who'd have thought that I could have a (part) aluminium case ;D

Good Guru

Dremels are cheap. Can grab one in Milwaukee for less than $60. there are some really nice kits and such with funky bits and sanders and other nifty stuff. Those usually start at $80 and I think the uber kit is like $250 or so. If you drop the $250, you will never need to goto Sears ever agin for small precision tools -- that kit is HUGE. But the basic kit is like $80, and comes with a few more bits. I think two more sanding heads, a razor tip (nice for shredding into some wood, just to make a hole), a few more grit grinding heads, and some screwdriver and drill heads.

Its worth buying a dremel if you are into case mods. A side panel can be cut for a window, neon light, and fan holes in less than a 15 minutes. Thats cut and sanded smooth. So if you are in the mood for case modding....

BTW -- I use beer BOTTLES, not cans ;D

i just used an exacto knife to cut the can, the inside faced out so i am not sure of what was originally in tha can.