Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

DSP-device fsk'd up ;-( - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DSP-device fsk'd up ;-(

Re:DSP-device fsk'd up ;-(

i don't think it's really a problem with arts because if it was then i'd think it would also cause problems with ur other sounds (like playing wav files or oggs/mp3s)

i have no idea what the problem could be :/

Good Guru

not that I have really run into this, but what happens when you use a different DE? like gnome or windowmaker, or twm for the matter? Can you run xmms or whatever and play tunes correctly? I see you are having a REALLY fun time getting this one. And I figure anythnig is worth trying, in hopes of getting a result one way or the other.

BTW, I tend to lean towards Ralinx's idea about artsd -- that being borked would cause more hell, and slightly different hell than what you already have. I am just curious as to what else may be affected, in hopes that pushes us to success.

Schotty gets the gold ring WooHoo

using gmix and gnome's cd player I get sounds!!!! tunes from the CD

btw, kscd doesn't even use arts

when i kill all instances of arts, and i play an ogg with noatun it automatically starts artsd first. but when i run kscd to play a cd it doesn't start artsd if it's not active yet.

in fact, if i turn off artsd, then run xmms without letting it use arts to play an ogg (so it's using /dev/dsp directly without any sound server controlling it) and then at the same time firing up kscd to play a cd i hear both the cd and the ogg. this would be impossible if kscd was using /dev/dsp because xmms is already accessing /dev/dsp and only one process at a time can access it.

so long story short, kscd doesn't use arts

[quote author=Pantheus link=board=1;threadid=4833;start=0#48243 date=1031103135]
    Schotty gets the gold ring WooHoo

using gmix and gnome's cd player I get sounds!!!! tunes from the CD
    [/quote]

in that case it must be some sort of volume setting that still wasn't set right in kmix

One last niggly on this

After tweaks, and whatever, I have found a way to play:
    .mp3
    .ogg
    .wav
    CDs

but the one last part I can't get is .mid when that attempts I get an error message that says " Cannot open /dev/sequencer - It must be in use with another program"

Code:
     [ken@localhost ken]$ su -
    Password:
    [root@localhost root]# ls -l /dev/sequencer
    crw-------    1 ken      ken       14,   1 Aug 30  2001 /dev/sequencer
    [root@localhost root]#
    While this project is nearly done.... (until an upgrade :-[ ) any clues about the last piece of the puzzle?

I can't say enough about the superb help here...You guys and gals are truly amazing and greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Ken

howdy,
    waht app are you using to play the midi?

here is how i play a midi
    Code:
    [pbharris@bugs ~]timidity /mp3s/two/thegoodb.mid

This time Paul gets the golden ring thanks! that did it.... WOW!

excellent!