Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

DSP-device fsk'd up ;-( - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DSP-device fsk'd up ;-(

Re:DSP-device fsk'd up ;-(

Kinda... I think that artsd process that is using /dev/dsp is KDE related (I don't know too much about KDE to be honest). I am not too sure, but I believe it is a daemon that allows different sound streams to co-exist. If your cd playing app is a "made for KDE" one, I would think it would play ball with this daemon. Is it a KDE app?

Edit: I think this post is now redundant

Code:
    [ken@localhost ken]$ su -
    Password:
    [root@localhost root]# modprobe floppy
    modprobe: Can't locate module floppy
    [root@localhost root]#
    But, yes!, now I can see file:/mnt/floppy WooHoo, progress, but I don't know what did it ..

Code:
    [root@localhost root]# artsdsp kscd
    DCOPServer up and running.
    and the KDE CD player jumped up, but would NOT play anything....

Yes, pam, kscd *is* a (simple) KDE app There may be more serious apps, or better ones but that one was there, and surely a KDE app, and produced no tunes . ???

Hey, that's progress, can't you just be satisfied that it runs?
    I suppose you could try firing up your mixer app (I'd hazard a guess that it's called something like "kmixer&quot, and turn the cd up a few notches. Chances are, it's not something nice and simple like that, but let's eliminate it anyway.

Edit: No clues here either as to why your floppy has decided to play.

With volume at 71% on mixer, and kscd actually acting as if it were playing ie: the time ticking as if it were actually playing....but <alas> no tunes coming through speakers, although the speakers denote every open and close of everything, so sounds are active, just not from a CD. And from the XCDRoast that I made the other day, I *can* play a tune from the .wav file it created on my HD, just not from the actual CD that I made it from

arrgg!! can't locate module floppy, this is okay, i just checked they redhat config and it is compiled into the kernel, anywho i assume ls -l /mnt/ returns some thing like this:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0k May 8 20:16 floppy

what entry do you ahve in /etc/fstab for the floppy?

Code:
    [ken@localhost ken]$ su -
    Password:
    [root@localhost root]#  ls -l /mnt/
    total 15
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Aug 10 18:40 cdrom
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Aug 10 18:40 cdrom1
    drwxrwxr-x    2 ken      ken          7168 Dec 31  1969 floppy
    [root@localhost root]#
    Code:
    /dev/cdrom        /mnt/cdrom               iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
    /dev/cdrom1      /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
    /dev/fd0             /mnt/floppy              vfat   auto,owner,kudzu 0 0

hey ken,
    that is exactly what i ahve, are yiou using a fat32 floppy?
    paul

Paul,

I didn't think RH/Linux uses fat32 FLOPPIES only vfat (dos) or ext2fs formatted.

The vast majority of what I'd use the floppy for, is sneaker-net with the design department a desk over, who is on a winbloat 98se-ONLY system, so vfat seems entirely appropriate.

I just formatted one disk BOTH as vfat(dos) and again as ext2fs and both worked!

I think the floppy issue is behind me (us), now the tunes, while not nearly critical is what is left of this project. (until I see RH 8, teehee, and start all over with that - or hear from RH Bugzilla on that bug report)

[quote author=Pantheus link=board=1;threadid=4833;start=0#48207 date=1031096905]
    With volume at 71% on mixer, and kscd actually acting as if it were playing ie: the time ticking as if it were actually playing....but <alas> no tunes coming through speakers, although the speakers denote every open and close of everything, so sounds are active, just not from a CD. [/quote]

well this is a long shot, but i kinda have a similar situation when i first try to get a cd to play with kscd after i built a new linux system. the way i get it to work is this:
    open kmix
    look at the settings for the Line1, Line2 and Line3 options. for some reason i have to turn up the volume for Line1 and press the little red button under it before my cd audio comes through. there is a setting with a CD icon which should handle the CD sound but for some reason that doesn't make a single difference on my system. so maybe ur in the same situation as i am. so my advice is to see if u can get it working with those Line settings... turn up the volume for each of those and press that record button under it and maybe that'll work for you like it did for me

Thanks, ralinx..

The lights are all lit, all the green ones at the top, as well as the red ones below.turning them on and off does nothing. btw, the volume is all the way up!

However I did find a clue....

artscontrol is saying:
    artsd should run with realtime scheduling - but it does not (is artswrapper suid root?)
    After 60 seconds it suspends and says:
    the aRts sound daemon is suspended. Legacy applications can use the sound card now
    Ironically no tunes are forthcoming either way - suspended or not.