Thread: cga dumps Netscape

cga dumps Netscape

Sort of... ;D

I've gone back to Konqueror and Kmail for a bit. They are faster and I rather like the feel of them and the tight KDE integration.

Konq has really gotten to be a very good browser.

Re:cga dumps Netscape

[quote author=cga link=board=2;threadid=4870;start=0#48526 date=1031273878]
    Sort of... ;D

I've gone back to Konqueror and Kmail for a bit. They are faster and I rather like the feel of them and the tight KDE integration.

Konq has really gotten to be a very good browser.
    [/quote]

not to mention konq has tabs now too

Re:cga dumps Netscape

I really like Konqueror. When I first switched over to KDE 3, that was all I used for a long time. Then I ended up deciding to give Netscape 6 a go, and I liked it. I decided; however, that I like Konq better. I like the interface, I like the smooth operation and I like the speed, which is noticably faster than Moz/NS. I think that Konq has a very bright future, and will just keep getting better and better.

Konq has always handeled 90%+ of the sites I frequent without any trouble, and, frankly, if Konq can't handle a site, I plan to just send the URL along to the Konq developers and not worry about it. I use to use Lynx quite a lot, and often would blow off any site that I could not access with it.

Web developers are responsible for building accessable sites, IMHO, and they need to provide alternatives that are accessable to anyone. Nothing drives me away from a site faster than "Best Viewed with IE" or the vomitous, "your browser does not support such-and-such", which is basically saying "I am Web Master, you must go and download a new browser to appease me and gain access to my site, for I am all powerful and mighty!"

I'll be hoest too, that one of the reasons I wanted to try out Netscape was to use the Composer HTML editor. Well, I have become very disenchanted with Composer. It has a bad tendancy to barf up a bunch of extraneous tags and to build code that, though valid, is not the way I would build it by hand. And there in lies the rub- I get kind of buggy when I open an HTML file in a text editor and it looks like crap, especially after a few edit and save cycles. Honestly, I guess I'll end up back at my old philosophy, which is that it is better to hand code in your favorite text editor than to trust a pretty GUI.