Thread: Freeciv unbeatable ?

Freeciv unbeatable ?

hi,

just installed the new cvs version of freeciv and now i thought i would start playing again but as always in freeciv i cant survive the first 400 years - i mean i build 4 - 5 cities then im taken out by the enemy faster than i could build some other units .. is it just me or is the ai very "unfair" ?

Re:Freeciv unbeatable ?

yes it is pretty unfair. the AI players always wanna start a war with you. they don't do diplomacy :-\

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=8;threadid=4811;start=0#47967 date=1030992164]
    yes it is pretty unfair. the AI players always wanna start a war with you. they don't do diplomacy :-\
    [/quote]

yep - but now im playing civ III - and the only tribe thats unfair are the americans :P .. ( sorry dont want to offend somebody )

Man I tried the game out... cool in premise but man HARDER THAN H3LL. Has anyone here ever made the space ship? I can't get over the knowledge tree and trying to get new technology from it... I can't make more advanced stuff than catapults.

[quote author=mcdougrs link=board=8;threadid=4811;start=0#48593 date=1031342881]
    Man I tried the game out... cool in premise but man HARDER THAN H3LL. Has anyone here ever made the space ship? I can't get over the knowledge tree and trying to get new technology from it... I can't make more advanced stuff than catapults.
    [/quote]

you mean freeciv not civIII - in civIII im doing very good im at 1818 and have a very high cultural value - about freeciv i gave it up ..

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=ch-b link=board=8;threadid=4811;start=0#48085 date=1031053673]

yep - but now im playing civ III - and the only tribe thats unfair are the americans :P .. ( sorry dont want to offend somebody )
    [/quote]

Since somebody is not here (whoever somebody is ), no one is offended. Just think, a civilization-type game that mimics the real world. Who would have thought that a game would be able to do that! ;D

Yeah freeciv is much much much difficult than the genuine game... That's what made me stop play the game.

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=8;threadid=4811;start=0#48674 date=1031442137]

Since somebody is not here (whoever somebody is ), no one is offended. Just think, a civilization-type game that mimics the real world. Who would have thought that a game would be able to do that! ;D
    [/quote]

he he - now i just destroyed the Romans - with help from America - so maybe they are fair - at least to me now ;D