Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor day cookout

Mentor

Labor day cookout

Are you having one or going to one?

Well, I've done mine today. Went to the local butcher shop yesterday, picked up some very nice cuts of beef for steaks. My wife marinated them overnight, some in Teriyaki sauce, some in Cimmaron seasonig. Today I fired up my charcoal-grill (I don't think gas-grills can match the flavor you get out of charcoal) and made them just the way we like them. Black on the outside, pink on the inside. Man, they tasted grrrrrrreat, I'm so proud of myself ;D. I wish there was a way of sending smells and flavors over the Internet ,,,

Re:Labor day cookout

We are having ours tomorrow...but I'm passing up steaks in lieu of doing ribs (woohoo!). Pork baby back ribs are, imho, the greatest barbecue food ever. And no offense to cloverm, but if you know what you're doing with a gas grill, you can make ribs that rival the ones done in smokers and on charcoal grills It's all in the sauce and the preparation...

It rained here all day today, so hopefully tomorrow will be more conducive to sitting in the backyard with a few bottles of nice cold beer and enjoying wonderful ribs!

[quote author=deepfreeze link=board=14;threadid=4817;start=0#47904 date=1030928282]
    It rained here all day today, so hopefully tomorrow will be more conducive to sitting in the backyard with a few bottles of nice cold beer and enjoying wonderful ribs!
    [/quote]

Mmmm...I had some ribs earlier today and spent the evening outside with my dad in our backyard with a couple cold brews.

Is Labor Day today or tomorrow? I don't really pay attention to holidays that much...

It's raining out here in Brooklyn this weekend, plus, not many of us have back yards let alone BBQs.

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=4817;start=0#47903 date=1030926905]
    Are you having one or going to one?

Well, I've done mine today. Went to the local butcher shop yesterday, picked up some very nice cuts of beef for steaks. My wife marinated them overnight, some in Teriyaki sauce, some in Cimmaron seasonig. Today I fired up my charcoal-grill (I don't think gas-grills can match the flavor you get out of charcoal) and made them just the way we like them. Black on the outside, pink on the inside. Man, they tasted grrrrrrreat, I'm so proud of myself ;D. I wish there was a way of sending smells and flavors over the Internet ,,,

[/quote]

I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I guess cleaning the kitchen, washing the car, and chiming in on these boards. Hard to imagine eh?

Nah, I do shift work and this is my thursday and tomorrow is my friday and they are the midnight shift.

Labor day........ : :

An excuse for lazy workers to get an extra day off.... I'm the cook and I'm on strike... I refuse to cook on labor day. Why should i work when nobody else is working ?

seriously I think I'll just cook indoors...

My family's coming over and we're going to cremate some burgers and hotdogs on that damned gas grill. (I HATE eating outdoors!)

[quote author=Charles Dexter Ward link=board=14;threadid=4817;start=0#47946 date=1030976948]
    I HATE eating outdoors!
    [/quote]

Amen to that!! ;D Grilling outside is one thing, but eating outside is another altogether...I'll be inside with my wonderful grilled food, Charles...I'll meet ya there!

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=cage47 link=board=14;threadid=4817;start=0#47931 date=1030948190]
    Nah, I do shift work and this is my thursday and tomorrow is my friday and they are the midnight shift.
    [/quote]

Same here. Except, today is my Monday and tomorrow is Wednesday. Mid shifts suck!