Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

LJR cooking challenge for September - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LJR cooking challenge for September

Re:LJR cooking challenge for September

hmm how about some fruit cake : just take some pasted pastry case ( hope its the right translation ) buy one or make one - then slice a few fruits that you like - put them on the cake and pour some gelatine or agar agar over it - then wait till it gets solid .. tastes good and is not hard to make ...

French Bread Pudding:

couple of handfuls of dried figs and another couple of dates. Chop and reduce in a pan with orange juice, brandy and a cinnomine(sp?) stick, till thick and sticky.

Slice a loaf of breoche and layer it in a greased bread tin with the gooey fruit you just made.

whisk milk, eggs and nutmeg and pour as much as will fit over the top, leave it to soak in then pour the rest

cook on low heat for about 1/2hr to 45min.

best served with cream about 10mins after coming out of the oven.

if any one wants exact quantaties of ingreadients let me know.

Good Guru

Beer.

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=14;threadid=4791;start=0#47778 date=1030813766]
    Beer.
    [/quote]

hmm you forgot the brezels and sandwiches then it would be fine

Good Guru

Well, howabout this:

Guiness
    Bread
    Avocado-cheese dip.
    Golden Tee Golf 2003 arcade game.

I dont go to bars that much .... really ... no, really.... :

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=14;threadid=4791;start=0#47781 date=1030814241]
    Well, howabout this:

Guiness
    Bread
    Avocado-cheese dip.
    Golden Tee Golf 2003 arcade game.
    [/quote]

yeah you got my vote

I dont go to bars that much .... really ... no, really.... :
    ic

Take a batch of Duncan Hines brownie mix. Mix it up but DON"T bake it. Instead take a box of Cap'n crunch (the peanuty one) and mix it in. It's like a Reeces cup pudding.

(Hey, I was drunk when I created it and it was damn tasty when I was drunk too!)

Here's one of my favourite meals:

Step One: Save the bacon grease from whenever you cook bacon (this should be done before preparing the main course).

Step Two: Get out two slices of bread.

Step Three: Smear the congealed bacon grease on the bread.

Step Four: Put about 5 slices of hard salami on the bread. 5 slices of any cheese in addition to the salami is good, too.

Step Five: Put some mayonnaise between the pieces of meat (and cheese if you have decided to use it).

Step Six: Put it all together in your usual sandwich format and eat it.

Step Seven: Drink something carbonated.

My contribution would have to be a half chocolate and half plain cheese cake topped with Chocolate syrup. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SO GOOD

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=4791;start=0#47697 date=1030762423]
    OH Man that sounds so good also but that stuff has so much fat... BTW you Mexican-American also?
    [/quote]

No sir, but I love real food from down south. Mexican 'immigrants' were the best thing to happen to this country! ;D