Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Another Sylpheed problem

Thread: Another Sylpheed problem

Another Sylpheed problem

Re-installed Sylpheed 0.8.1 (on MDK 8.2) and this time almost everything works great. Just one llliiittttllleeee problem. I am unable to send mail to "group" When I try it indicates it is sending and goes thru the normal routine but in fact, nothing is sent. I set up a "test" group with some of my other email addresses and nothing ever came thru. Anyone else ever have this problem or suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks for your time and help! ???

Good Guru

Re:Another Sylpheed problem

I am using .8.2 and will see if that is a problem here.

Post back soon.

Good Guru

Okay, I just sent a mail to 4 mailboxes (cell, ISP, two webmail accts) and listed each name on the line and it works. My cell was buzzing a few seconds after I clicked send

Is there an option I am unaware of that you were trying?

email@fdafd, email2@afdsfsd,email3@adfdfadsf

is the correct format.

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=1;threadid=4785;start=0#47617 date=1030717712]
    Okay, I just sent a mail to 4 mailboxes (cell, ISP, two webmail accts) and listed each name on the line and it works. My cell was buzzing a few seconds after I clicked send

Is there an option I am unaware of that you were trying?

email@fdafd, email2@afdsfsd,email3@adfdfadsf

is the correct format.
    [/quote]

If I send them by entering them one by one (separated by a comma) they go out fine. If I try and send to the same individuals by using the Group name - it acts as if it is sending but nothing is delivered. Where do I check/enter the above format? Thanks for your help.

Good Guru

Okay, let me play around for a bit.... I obviously didnt do what you wanted to.

---edit---

Oky, I think I may see what you mean by group. I created an addressbook entry, called "Personal", and added all of my emails to it. If I just select Personal, it will add the first email only. If I highlight all of the submails as well, it makes the line like

<Personal> schotty@beer.com, <Personal> schotty@wi.rr.com, etc, etc

Is this what you mean by a group? I dont see another spot where a group could be defined.

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=1;threadid=4785;start=0#47621 date=1030719498]
    Okay, let me play around for a bit.... I obviously didnt do what you wanted to.

---edit---

Oky, I think I may see what you mean by group. I created an addressbook entry, called "Personal", and added all of my emails to it. If I just select Personal, it will add the first email only. If I highlight all of the submails as well, it makes the line like

<Personal> schotty@beer.com, <Personal> schotty@wi.rr.com, etc, etc

Is this what you mean by a group? I dont see another spot where a group could be defined.
    [/quote]

Sort of, group is a category that can be added to the address book. For example, I have one group labeled "Family" where I can type one message and send it to the entire family at the same time. Each group is filled up by selecting the emails you want from the master list. I assume I am just missing something obvious. With Evolution I just began typing "Family" and a menu popped up where I selected "Family." I then just clicked send and the message was sent to all at once. Sylpheed apparently does the same except I am missing something. As I think about it, I must be missing something simple, involving procedure. If I enter addresses one at a time separate by commas they send fine. Again, thanks!

OK - think I found the problem. For some reason after clicking the group you have to go to the top name, click it, then hold the shift key down and go to the bottom of the list and click it (selecting all the names), then click the "To" button. Weird way to have to do it but it works. Guess it is a small price to pay for such a good program. Thanks for your help!

Good Guru

Cool! No problemo! I am glad that we are now on the same page