Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
hardware suggestion? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hardware suggestion?

I'm at home visiting my parents (and doing tech support..) I just flashed the BIOS on an old Asus board (P1 166) that my Mom uses to do word processing at her office. Worked like a charm. Asus boards hold up pretty well.

They also make nice video cards.
    \"I will do what I have to do to be reelected.\"
    --George H. W. Bush, January 3, 1992

\"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.\"
    --George W. Bush, September 29, 2000

Ho, ho.

I've been using ASUS boards with AMD procs for the past two or three years. Only one I had fail was due to my own carelessness. I left a metal standoff on the base and it caused the board's 5 volt "line" to run at over 7 volts. Didn't notice until it was too late. So take it from me, when you replace a mobo ALWAYS double check the standoffs and remove any that aren't absolutely necessary.

BTW, when I found out what I had done I made myself a "DUMBASS of The Day" award and hung it on the wall .

Later,
    MMYoung