Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

? dir

Thread: ? dir

? dir

Hi,

I noticed that there was a directory called '?' in my home directory.

when i go into it my prompt changes
    [root@frost SOMEWeirdSymbol] <--- the weird symbol looks like an H with a subscript T.

anyone know what this is/is causing this???

thanx,

Good Guru

Re:? dir

what happens if you vape the dir? I never saw this. I cant say it necessarily safe to kill, but at least move it or tar ball up the dir and move it to a safe area.

I think you just have a directory with a weird non-printable name. I just tried creating a directory called tab-character and ls listed it as "?", whereas when I changed to it, the tab appeared in my prompt.

ive deleted it before and it returns every now and then.

there's nothing in it but, I just don't know where it's coming from.

Im not going to worry about it too much.

thanx,