Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me beat the system

Re:help me beat the system

anyone know of a good port 80 based p2p prog that i can download mp3s from? im trying to use shit like imesh and configing it with port 80 proxys but nothing works. so is there some prog out there that will run off 80 directly?

btw everyone im in win2k, not linux.

theres your prob right there, win2k, lol

Buy a modem and get a local isp.

As a SYSADMIN myself, I enjoy conversation like this. Most networks have limited bandwidth, use QoS or other "throttling" configs. This is not done because we can, it is done to conserve bandwidth. I have heard of some placed (EDU's) "opening up" the bandwidth after normal hours but it is not common.

If you look hard enough, you can find ways around the system. But, depending how often they check logs, your "new way" may or may not get shut down. I know that I shut down web based proxies when I find out about them.

As for using nmap for scanning, do this at your own risk. Most SYSADMIN's do not look lightly upon users doing scans.

On the other hand, you can always scan your local subnets and segments for other student machines (which are often misconfigured and shared) to see if they have any MP3's, AVI's, etc available for you! I know one guy who did this and found tons of MP3's without even loading any of the spyware ridden P2P programs!

[quote author=Heckle link=board=4;threadid=4763;start=0#51810 date=1034386299]
    As a SYSADMIN myself, I enjoy conversation like this. Most networks have limited bandwidth, use QoS or other "throttling" configs. This is not done because we can, it is done to conserve bandwidth. I have heard of some placed (EDU's) "opening up" the bandwidth after normal hours but it is not common.

If you look hard enough, you can find ways around the system. But, depending how often they check logs, your "new way" may or may not get shut down. I know that I shut down web based proxies when I find out about them.
    [/quote]
    And may or may not get you bumped from school.
    As for using nmap for scanning, do this at your own risk. Most SYSADMIN's do not look lightly upon users doing scans.
    See comment above.

On the other hand, you can always scan your local subnets and segments for other student machines (which are often misconfigured and shared) to see if they have any MP3's, AVI's, etc available for you! I know one guy who did this and found tons of MP3's without even loading any of the spyware ridden P2P programs!
    Never considered this, great comment