Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

help me beat the system
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me beat the system

help me beat the system

ok so i moved into my dorm, and im on the college lan but they wont let me on anything, they have closed alot of ports, i barely got onto AIM, if it wasnt for the utility it had to search for open ports to connect through. so right now all i can do is look at webpages and use aim also ftp. i cant use IRC or any games like Counter-Strike. is there a way to beat the system and get through the firewall. any know of a prog i can use to scan for ports im allowed to use?

Re:help me beat the system

doesn't nmap scan all that stuff?

I agree with pbharris... Nmap would be a good place to start with your "network discovery"

Good Guru

Nmap will do exactly what you wanted.

how will i be able to get through the ports to play CS or use IRC though.

Good Guru

Use proxy servers.

Incase you want to use other im clients.. use the webclient for jabber it uses port 80

i went to them today and asked who to talk to for lifting restrictions. they told me they will not lift any unless its for a course. in other words the lady stuck her middle finger up to me and said fuck off your not playing your game or chatting in IRC. >

i really need suggestions to get around this.

as far as proxies, i keep gettin klined from IRC for using them. :-\

hmm you could get a pc that is outside of the firewall and then route all traffic over it with a bouncer so you can connect to irc or play CS .. - so just connect to the pc via ssh from inside and then route all outside traffic over the outside pc to your pc inside but now using the open ports - IRC would be possible cause i did it to get around restrictions on the school lan

Have you tried this:

http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html

I have not, though it looks very interesting.

Also, I understand that iptables can redirect packets being sent out on one port to another. (for example from 80 to a proxy on another port) Though I'm not sure how that might help you get through the fire wall.

Please let us know if you make any headway