Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

a problem with my mouse

Thread: a problem with my mouse

a problem with my mouse

Whenever I start up KDE, my mouse will start in the middle of my screen. Whenever I try any movement on the mouse, the pointer will shoot up to the top corner of the screen (either corner, it appears to be random) and then stays there, no matter how I am moving my mouse. It is just a normal MS PS/2 mouse...I am using Slack 8.0 with the 2.4.5 kernel. I just compiled the kernel myself for the first time last night, so was there something I forgot to include in the kernel compile, or is this something else? Here is the pointer section of my XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option "device" "/dev/mouse"
    End Section

Mentor

Re:a problem with my mouse

Try changing the device to "/dev/psaux" and add this line:
    Code:
    Option"Emulate3Buttons""true"

No such luck...both changed with no effect...still the same problem. This mouse works when I'm not in X (e.g. if I am using lynx or if I just move the mouse around from the CLI), so I think it has something to do with X or with my config file or that I forgot a parameter when I compiled the kernel, just don't know what...

thanks for the suggestion though

hello,
    typically /dev/mouse is a link to the real device - can ya do a ls -l /dev/ | grep mouse and see if it is pointing to /dev/psaux

while hanging out on the IRC channel, Tully gave me the answer that worked...I needed to use the "IMPS/2" protocol instead of the "PS/2" protocol...all is fixed now...thanks for the suggestions 8)