Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Red Hat: Next Redmond?

Thread: Red Hat: Next Redmond?

Mentor

Red Hat: Next Redmond?

Concern is growing in the Linux community that the forthcoming UnitedLinux distribution will not be able to meet the enterprise server challenge of Red Hat Inc. in the United States.

Red Hat's dominance is worrisome to some industry players, who say the Raleigh, N.C., company needs effective competition to prevent it from becoming a Microsoft Corp. among Linux vendors and to ensure the operating system continues to develop in an open way.

http://www.eweek.com/print_article/0...a=30372,00.asp

Re:Red Hat: Next Redmond?

Should read:

Concern is growing in the <United> Linux community that the forthcoming UnitedLinux distribution will not be able to meet the enterprise server challenge of Red Hat Inc. in the United States

as long as redhat GPLs everything its okay by me. i think eweek and United Linux should be concerned about the people in Redmond.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=pbharris link=board=19;threadid=4745;start=0#47234 date=1030478625]
    Should read:

Concern is growing in the <United> Linux community that the forthcoming UnitedLinux distribution will not be able to meet the enterprise server challenge of Red Hat Inc. in the United States

as long as redhat GPLs everything its okay by me. i think eweek and United Linux should be concerned about the people in Redmond.
    [/quote]

I agree, pb. Even if they start adding proprietary stuff, it won't even come close to what M$ can do. It's stupid, really. Someone *cough--UnitedLinux--cough* is just trying to raise a bunch of hype.

Speaking of Redhat, here is an article from IBM on how to optimize it for performance and security: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...?loc=d%20wmain. You must register first if you haven't done so already.

Cheers

Good Guru

I like the response back. I gotta find the URL. It was great. RedHat pretty much laid it out -- "We cant fuck you all over because YOU all own the code! We cant do what they allege we are moving to for that simple fact." Doesnt get much more true than that.

I think they are just crying about not being the big boy on the block. In every business venture, there will be one company that rises to the top. Welcome to life... :

Good Guru

thank you mountainman. I am getting tired of the company that rises to the top due to high quality products/services becoming the antichrist just because they make more money and are favored by more peeple.

BTW -- did you all read teh hogwash regarding the dick and his claims about Google?

I have not read the hogwash remark made about google... Could I get a URL?

Good Guru

Thank you... that was a very informative article... I don't agree with him but none the less an informative article.