Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mozilla 1.1 final is released

Thread: Mozilla 1.1 final is released

Hybrid View

Mentor

Mozilla 1.1 final is released

http://www.mozilla.org

* Improved application and layout performance
    * Improved stability
    * Improved Web site compatibility
    * Improved CSS, DOM and HTML standards support

* Distinct window icons for the different Mozilla applications (artwork contributed by Grayrest).
    * Mozilla can now trigger MS DUN when started without a connection.
    * Fullscreen mode for Mozilla on Linux (press F11).
    * Browser tabs now close left to right (they used to close right to left).
    * The tab bar now has a button for creating new tabs.
    * All Search entry points now use your default search engine.
    * Download Manager has been enabled as the default download view (with many improvements)
    * Autocomplete in the location bar has more intelligent completion.
    * The Linux File Picker has improved filtering and a new directory button.
    * File extensions more accurately handled in downloads and we save the correct files when saving complete Web pages
    * Drag and drop support has been greatly improved.
    * View selection source: Context clicking on a selection now lets you view the HTML source for the selected area.
    * Page info displays more page info with improved General and Media tab content.
    * New button in prefs for making Mozilla the system default browser on MS Windows

* MathML is now enabled for Mozilla on Macintosh (it was already available on Windows and Linux).
    * Mozilla now takes advantage of Quartz rendering for users of Mac OS X 10.1.5
    * Better Bi-Di Arabic and Hebrew support including improved layout of Arabic pages on Linux and other platforms without their own Arabic shaping support.
    * We have new layout performance enhancements targeted at DHTML.
    * Mozilla now has support for the display of XBM images.

* Image and plug-in blocking for Mail & News
    * Mozilla allows you to view HTML mail messages as plain text.
    * You can now quote the current message in a Mail compose window with Quote Original under the options menu.

* The JavaScript Debugger has gone through a major development cycle. It now sports a palette of nine views which can be rearranged within the main window or docked in separate floating windows. It is also possible to create user-defined views and commands directly with JavaScript. More details are available in the FAQ, newsgroup, or IRC channel.
    * Chatzilla has improved tab completion and can now join channels with Japanese names.

Re:Mozilla 1.1 final is released

Sweet. ;D

Now if they could only make the damn thing run faster. My beard grows 3 inches longer waiting for it to execute. ;D

who needs mozilla now that konq has tabs?

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=19;threadid=4742;start=0#47223 date=1030475690]
    who needs mozilla now that konq has tabs?
    [/quote]

I heard that I'm down to just using Konq and KMail. There is no better combination IMHO.

One of the things that I didn't like about the version of Konquer that came with KDE 2.2.x was that I couldn't figure out how to use the cache preferences. The descriptions weren't very clear and the help menu offered no help.

If 3.x has fixed that problem, I might give it a shot. I don't like not knowing what my web browser is doing.