Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Red Hat 7.3

Thread: Red Hat 7.3

Red Hat 7.3

could someone tell me where i could find where the ftp daemon is loaded?
    or which ftp software would be loaded?
    wuftpd or proftpd.

thanks.

Mentor

Re:Red Hat 7.3

Hello,

Welcome to LJR!

One way to find it out is by running ksysv. Look at the list in Runlevel 3, 4 and 5 and see if proftpd or wu-ftpd is there.

Good Guru

or if you have a cli window open, running /usr/sbin/ntsysv will have an asterisk if the service is loaded for that runtime. /sbin/service can also cause the service to be loaded at startup at specific runtimes too.

hrmm
    im running putty from a windows box to where the red hat box is and i want to setup an ftp off the redhat...

can anyone help me set it up?

me = total linux newbie (yes i'm a microsoft whore, tho i have installed mandrake 8.2 on one my comp, though i havent had a chance to mess with it, just installed it and have it sitting there)

Good Guru

if you have putty, go to the same site and grap psftp. Its the ssh ftp app. Its much safer than regular ftp (ssh encrypts all data transmissions)
    so

c:\psftp.exe 192.168.0.1

will get you into the ssh ftp service on your RedHat box. Just make sure that you disable the ftp service and have the ssh service enabled if you decide to go sftp's route.

Good Guru

if you do

Code:
    ps -aux | more
    you will see which FTPD is started. If none is started, then you can install it. Red Hat usually install WU-FTPD as the default FTP server but I personally run ProFTPd and I like it better.

HTH ...

[edited]
    I just remembered, you can also check the boot log at /var/log/boot.log.1 for which services that were started up.
    [/edited]

Hello,
    In case you don't have enough info the scrpit to enable/disable it is in/etc/xinetd.d and it is restarted with a /etc/init.d/xinetd.d restart.

this assumes you are using redhat wu-ftp packages from rh 7.3