Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Libranet Newsletter - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Libranet Newsletter

Re:Libranet Newsletter

[quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49284 date=1031960843]
    [quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49259 date=1031953904]
    [quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49229 date=1031940642]
    Ummm...... I think you wasted your energy; rumor is, Frith doesn't HAVE any yarbles (yarbles?. yarbles? What the hell kind of a word is "yarbles"?- must be somekind of exotic Canuck-speak.)
    [/quote]

Actually i think i got that from some american tv show or something.
    [/quote]WOW, Canadians are WAY too serious.
    [/quote]

actually we are pretty laid back---except me :P

Good Guru

[quote author=Rev. Frith link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49280 date=1031957102]
    I liked the book more.

The girls that Alex picked up in the music store in the movie didn't even look like they were 10 years old.
    [/quote]

True, the book is way more cool. However, I always reccomend the movie first in this case. the new language that needs to be learned is easier to pick up when seeing it in action. I have three friends that watched the movie then read the book. These three arent very good readers, yet figured it out petty well.

As for some discrepencies -- the girls were changed probably due to the law. Naked 10 y.o. girls I would imagine is not legal now, or 30 years ago.

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49324 date=1032017449]
    [quote author=Rev. Frith link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49280 date=1031957102]
    I liked the book more.

The girls that Alex picked up in the music store in the movie didn't even look like they were 10 years old.
    [/quote]

True, the book is way more cool. However, I always reccomend the movie first in this case. the new language that needs to be learned is easier to pick up when seeing it in action. I have three friends that watched the movie then read the book. These three arent very good readers, yet figured it out petty well.

As for some discrepencies -- the girls were changed probably due to the law. Naked 10 y.o. girls I would imagine is not legal now, or 30 years ago.
    [/quote]Anthony Burgess is WAY underrecognized; he's hard to read sometimes, and sometimes he boots it, but, on the whole, he's as significant as Kurt Vonnegut. The fact that the film was Stanley Kubricks first after "2001" kinda gave it a goal it couldn't reach; I thought it was good, but I remember a bunch of reviews that really turned loose on it, it's tough to top a milestone like "2001"; "a Clockwork Orange" didn't do it.

[quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49333 date=1032020764]
    Anthony Burgess is WAY underrecognized; he's hard to read sometimes, and sometimes he boots it, but, on the whole, he's as significant as Kurt Vonnegut. The fact that the film was Stanley Kubricks first after "2001" kinda gave it a goal it couldn't reach; I thought it was good, but I remember a bunch of reviews that really turned loose on it, it's tough to top a milestone like "2001"; "a Clockwork Orange" didn't do it.
    [/quote]

Say, wasn't "A Clockwork Orange" originally rated "X" when it was released into theatres?

It didn't seem particularly raunchy or violent (by today's standards) to me...

Good Guru

2001 was just amazing, and few movies will top it. But nonetheless, A clockwork Orange was a pretty good movie rendition of a great book. But what it boils down to is 2001 was a better story than A clockwork orange. IMHO.

Frith: I think you're right, I'm pretty sure there was at least serious tahk about an "X" rating; I think the reason was the violent tone of the film; the u.S. had just gone through an extended period of civil unrest, and a lot of folks were very apprehensive.
    Schotty; I don't know that "2001" was a better story, but it presented a much brighter future. BTW; that was rather tough for me; Arthur C. Clarke is a BIG favorite of mine.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49284 date=1031960843]
    [quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49259 date=1031953904]
    [quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49229 date=1031940642]
    Ummm...... I think you wasted your energy; rumor is, Frith doesn't HAVE any yarbles (yarbles?. yarbles? What the hell kind of a word is "yarbles"?- must be somekind of exotic Canuck-speak.)
    [/quote]

Actually i think i got that from some american tv show or something.
    [/quote]WOW, Canadians are WAY too serious.
    [/quote]

I think that in this case, Aerosmith's Jaded is probably her theme-song.

creedon/CharlesDexterWard/bullgooseloony...you make me shake my head. Being that I live in a psuedo-intellectual environment (USAF for those that don't know), you really amaze me with your wide ranging interests. Very few biker archtypes would have the depth and breadth of literary and musical knowledge that you appear to have. I tip my John Deere cap in salute to you, my friend.

Frith...if sarah is after your yarbles I would suggest taking them out of your pocket and handing them to her. She is not to be taken lightly. Plus, by doing so, you give her the option of stomping them into the ground. The stomping action is quite theraputic, believe me (whenever my wife gets yet another order of Pampered Chef, I get the bubble wrap. It is way too fun to stand there jumping up and down until every little bubble is burst!). Additionally, if you make her chase you, you run the risk of her punching more than just your yarbles. Yikes!

sarah31...first, I like your website. It kinda reminds me of a cross between a barbie and an iMac. I am looking forward to seeing the site updates that you plan on adding. It should make for an interesting website. Secondly, here, have a smile on me . If you find that the smile is not working, then I suggest utilizing the patented cheesey grin ;D. Otherwise, I'll be forced to stick my tongue out at you like this :P!

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49392 date=1032054294]

sarah31...first, I like your website. It kinda reminds me of a cross between a barbie and an iMac. I am looking forward to seeing the site updates that you plan on adding. It should make for an interesting website. Secondly, here, have a smile on me . If you find that the smile is not working, then I suggest utilizing the patented cheesey grin ;D. Otherwise, I'll be forced to stick my tongue out at you like this :P!

Cheers
    [/quote]

thanks it did make me feel better actually this forum make me feel better. Far less annoying crudfish like on LNO which is getting overrun by fools who think they know it all cuz they installed gentoo. Bah big deal i learned little from the distro. they are almost as annoying as the debian zealots. :P

did you try Arch yet? If so what did you think I know it needs work but I would like to know your opinions so that I can pass them on to the developers.

Again, thanks for the smile

[quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49399 date=1032056428]
    thanks it did make me feel better actually this forum make me feel better. Far less annoying crudfish like on LNO which is getting overrun by fools who think they know it all cuz they installed gentoo. Bah big deal i learned little from the distro. they are almost as annoying as the debian zealots. :P
    [/quote]

:'(

I learned everything I ever needed to know from FreeBSD and Debian. Bite me. :P

[quote author=Rev. Frith link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49402 date=1032060994]
    [quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49399 date=1032056428]
    [/quote]OHHHHHHH......THAT explains a LOT!!!

:'(

I learned everything I ever needed to know from FreeBSD and Debian. Bite me. :P
    [/quote] ;D ;D