Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Libranet Newsletter - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Libranet Newsletter

Re:Libranet Newsletter

[quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#48876 date=1031676981]
    Libranet is ok but i could not make them understand that i did not want to completely reinstall Libranet to upgrade. Nor did i want to get all of the other crud that comes with upgrading 2.0 to 2.7. I wanted the Libranet components only and since this was a small portion of the distribution i did not want to pay $44 + US for for it. Pretty common business practise is to charge less for less.

Anyway the developers forced me away from Libranet. Now I am using Arch Linux which is a little more work but far more suited to my needs. In a few weeks i will be contributing probably more to them than i would have paid Libranet for 2.7.

What i did to create such a furor with the Libranet developers i don't know but that is past. Time will tell if this "distro" will survive the very critical linux community.
    [/quote]

Well, I don't mean to be too harsh, but the Libranet company is probably in the Linux business to make money.

They'll make more money if they sell Libranet at $50 a pop rather than $5 a pop.

Maybe they were just afraid that you were advocating something that would end up causing Libranet to lay off employees...

[quote author=Rev. Frith link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49117 date=1031854054]
    [quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#48876 date=1031676981]
    Libranet is ok but i could not make them understand that i did not want to completely reinstall Libranet to upgrade. Nor did i want to get all of the other crud that comes with upgrading 2.0 to 2.7. I wanted the Libranet components only and since this was a small portion of the distribution i did not want to pay $44 + US for for it. Pretty common business practise is to charge less for less.

Anyway the developers forced me away from Libranet. Now I am using Arch Linux which is a little more work but far more suited to my needs. In a few weeks i will be contributing probably more to them than i would have paid Libranet for 2.7.

What i did to create such a furor with the Libranet developers i don't know but that is past. Time will tell if this "distro" will survive the very critical linux community.
    [/quote]

Well, I don't mean to be too harsh, but the Libranet company is probably in the Linux business to make money.

They'll make more money if they sell Libranet at $50 a pop rather than $5 a pop.

Maybe they were just afraid that you were advocating something that would end up causing Libranet to lay off employees...
    [/quote]

Yes they are in business to make money but i was not in the market for two discs of stuff i already had or better or didn't want (KDE3, gnome, open office, etc.) Plus i don't believe in reinstalling just for a new version. That is ridiculous.

As well if i just wanna upgrade the Libranet stuff with out installing then that takes a huge portion of their distro away. Basically I wanted a new adminmenu and that is it.

As for laying off employees--well they are just two people so...not likely. My points have since been "accepted" to some extent since people other than me wanted it too. The fact remains is that i was willing to pay but not as much as they were asking. Say you are selling two discs for forty plus dollars US would you charge the same price for a fraction of one disc? MS, Apple, and i don't know who else doesn't so why does Libra?

Would you pay the same price for a wheel of a car as you would on the whole car?

That was the only point I wanted to make. I have no trouble with them selling their full distro for what ever they want to. Nor do I give a crap that they don't offer a free download of their most recent version. People on their forum wanted it for free...no they believe it should be free. I never said that but they chose to lump me in with those people and also went the extra mile to be rude to me and try and "publically" ridicule me on their forum. They chose no other person to "pick" on that day or since.

As i have said I honestly don't know what instilled such anger in those two for me because i never publically insulted them or their distro. I did pose a composed angry email to them perhaps that's what set them off. I dunno not even that should have got them mad.

Those two live in a world where they are the gods and the minions better worship them or it is bad times for those that don't. I am not religious so it was out for me.

But anyway, Libranet is a good learner/newbie version of Debian and it will continue to do ok. It is just too bad that they have such limited vision. The linux community can be very judgemental and crazy and like i said time will tell if their vision survives.

[quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49147 date=1031868970]
    People on their forum wanted it for free...no they believe it should be free. I never said that but they chose to lump me in with those people and also went the extra mile to be rude to me and try and "publically" ridicule me on their forum. They chose no other person to "pick" on that day or since.
    [/quote]

Well, it could just be that it's so much fun to pick on you!

[me=Rev. Frith]tugs on Sarah31's ponytail and snickers... :P[/me]

:'(

sarah31 punches rev. frith in the yarbles :P

Ummm...... I think you wasted your energy; rumor is, Frith doesn't HAVE any yarbles (yarbles?. yarbles? What the hell kind of a word is "yarbles"?- must be somekind of exotic Canuck-speak.)

[quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49229 date=1031940642]
    Ummm...... I think you wasted your energy; rumor is, Frith doesn't HAVE any yarbles (yarbles?. yarbles? What the hell kind of a word is "yarbles"?- must be somekind of exotic Canuck-speak.)
    [/quote]

I've got some marbles if you'd rather kick those...

[quote author=Bullgooseloony link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49229 date=1031940642]
    [/quote]

Actually i think i got that from some american tv show or something.

Good Guru

[quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49189 date=1031930006]

[/quote]

If you are referencing the oh so most excellent movie, "A Clockwork Orange", you are a fan of great movies, my Droogie.

[quote author=GOP Schotty link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49276 date=1031956501]
    [quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49189 date=1031930006]

[/quote]

If you are referencing the oh so most excellent movie, "A Clockwork Orange", you are a fan of great movies, my Droogie.
    [/quote]

I liked the book more.

The girls that Alex picked up in the music store in the movie didn't even look like they were 10 years old.

[quote author=Sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=4725;start=0#49259 date=1031953904]
    [/quote]

Actually i think i got that from some american tv show or something.
    [/quote]WOW, Canadians are WAY too serious.