Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Life Sucks!

Kind Mastermind

My Life Sucks!

Damn it! Life just plain sucks! How, you ask?

1. My wife is making me get rid of all but one of my computers (from 3 to 1 ). She says that I can buy another one once the other two are gone. Joy!

2. My wife will only "allow" me to have $200 USD for the new computer. What kinda crap is that? I'm the one who works at a job that pays the frickin' bills.

3. "We" are getting a re-enlistment bonus, half of which is given in a lump sum. The sum is roughly five digits in size, not counting decimal points. How much do I get to use? $00,000.00! Now, I am the one who has to put up with the stress from the job (directly, I know that she gets indirect stress from my job), yet I don't get even a couple of dollars for a new toy or two. No, we are getting everything that she wants (some new furniture and who knows what else).

4. Her parents are here, so she feels the need to act like the top dog. How? By putting me down in front of the in-laws. I held my tongue for as long as I could, then I blew up and cursed her out better than a Master Chief talking to a lowly seaman. In front of her parents and my kids. So, her put downs of me are now validated in her parents eyes. I immediately felt like a royal ass and was/am quite embarressed about the whole thing.

5. I try to listen to her and make time for her. I have cut my computer time at home from almost four hours a day to under fifteen minutes, average. I try to sit next to her on the couch (I can't because there are either kids, toys, laundery, or her stuff piled up next to her). I try to be there so that she can talk to me. I sit patiently waiting. Yet, she keeps watching that gawd damn television. Her "shows" are how she "unwinds" after taking care of the kids all day. So, even though I am available and have listened to her incessant whining about my computer time, she shuts me out. I can't win. I then head up to the computer room to listen to a cd and read...she comes up all pissed off that I am not talking to her in the living room! Plus, she complains about my "using" the computer again (she calls it my best friend).

Now, even when I take care of everything, I still can't win. When I think that if I meet her needs, she'll meet mine, she turns everything around on me and says that all I ever think about is sex (which isn't true, there is more to life than sex. Like sleep and work).

So, I am very ready to her back to the States and have divorce papers served. There is practically no living with her. Of course, I wish that this was only a recent thing. Unfortunately, it has been going on, off and on, for five frickin' years. I'm going to go nuts if I have to put up with her sh*t too much longer. What doesn't make any sense is that I still love her, it's just that I don't like her very much.

I know that I should do everything to make sure that we work things out, but her parents are the biggest road block (they leave soon! ). So, once they leave, I am going to sit her down, turn the f'n tv off, and have a long talk. Hopefully, we can work things out. If not, buh-bye, so long, see ya later.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel somewhat better now.

Cheers

Re:My Life Sucks!

What reason does she give for shifting you from 3 computers to 1?

Thats just not fair :-\

5h3 0wnz j00!

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=segfault link=board=14;threadid=4703;start=0#46872 date=1030174116]
    What reason does she give for shifting you from 3 computers to 1?

Thats just not fair :-\

5h3 0wnz j00!
    [/quote]

It would appear that I have "too much" computer stuff. I have never told her that she had too much Tupperware or Pampered Chef stuff (speaking of which, she just received two more boxes of Pampered Chef stuff). She is just being selfish, I guess. So am I, or else this wouldn't bother me as much (she made me sell the DEC Alpha I bought five months ago. I've wanted one for years.).

And, you are right, 5h3 does 0wn m3! That's what hurts so much.

Ah trouble in paradise...

Better do as she tells you d00d, 3 computers is a bit over the top, I got rid of one of mine a few days ago.

Tell her it's not right for her to put you down infront of her parents - she promised something about for better and for worse - to love and etc... ask her how she would feel if you put her down infront of your parents. She shows a scary lack of respect for you man...

she made u get rid of your computers? well by all means man... throw out the damn tv she likes so much

Kind Mastermind

Yeah, we've got a lot to talk about. I grant you that three computers can be a bit much, but I just bought one of them not that long ago! The third one is broke, so it is a parts computer right now. It still sucks, mind you, but I did what she said. It still pisses me off.

As for the tv, well, I wish I could get rid of it, but we just bought a dvd changer, so I don't think that I want to get rid of it yet! Actually, I was thinking about getting a bigger one (ours is 21", I want a 29" tv). Of course, since she has the f'n wallet strings firmly tied to her, I will have to get the crowbar out if I want to pry any money loose.

Don't get me wrong. I'm willing to make concessions, but only if she is willing to. So far, everything has been one-sided. I hate that. Unfortunately, I let it happen and now it has just grown to be way too big for me to ignore.

I think that I will get rid of a little bit more steam and then pull her aside and have a long talk. That should clear a bunch of things up.

<trumpet call>stryder144 takes his last stand!</trumpet call>

i didn't mean to actually throw it out

it was my way of saying that she's blaming u for something that she apparantly does as well, only with the TV instead of with computers

Good Guru

You ONLY have 3 computers?? What the freaking planet you are from??

I currently own 4 24/7 running computers and 3 part-time computers which I run them when I needed them ( such as a network simulation of attacks ). All those are good working boxes not including various computer parts and half-ass broken boxes.

If I get down to 3 computers, my wife would be VERY happy.

The most important is negotiation. You made sure to let her know that what she does like is the same as what you do want but that doesn't mean you will love the way she wanted to live. And be firm about it.

Everything in the house must be in joint control including the bank account. We have a joint account which all of our incomes goes in. None of us spend the money that the other doesn't approve ( including household items ) but that generally means that I usually agree with what she wanted to buy.

My trick in keeping sync with what I need and what she need is to downgrade what she want. Let's say she wanted to have a leather sofa for the house but I'd show her cheaper stuff and said it was good enough for us. She wants the good one. I say, okay, I will agree but that I'm giving her a favor for that. So she knows she can't really tell me not to buy what I needed either although that doesn't deter in having her bitch about how many computer stuff I have and I spend so much money on them. But at least,it's better than nothing. ;D

Kind Mastermind

Compunuts...good advise. Thanks. For the most part we ask each other for "permission" when it comes to purchases. It's just that lately she has started to treat me like one of our kids. That pisses me off. I have a job that includes a lot of control and responsibility. I don't need, nor do I want, someone to look me in the face and say "NO!". I understand that she hates my computers. I understand that she justs wants to have things a certain way. Unfortunately, I now have no other way around it. I already promised someone that they could buy my DEC, so even if she fully understands how much it hurt me, I can't say no (my sense of honor would not allow me to pull out now, even if it was an option).

I guess that we will have to repair the cracks in the relational foundation and proceed from there with a new slate. Beats giving my wife half my paycheck in child-support!

Cheers

Good Guru

You should find a relaxing envoronment where you can talk to her for a long talk ( not on bed though ;D ).

I guess it's the way ALL of the relationship goes. Women treat men like baby after they been married for a while. : . Part of the reason is because they becomes to know the weakness of the men or part of it because it's the routine in taking care of the child so men is automatically included as just another one.

But please DO save marriage by all means. I do not believe in breaking up a family ( except in certain cases ). ALWAYS remember that your children NEEDS you for their future and they future MUST always comes priority.

Hope you feel better. May be you need a good long vacation where no in-laws can bother you.