Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

KDE 3.1 screenshots - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE 3.1 screenshots

Re:KDE 3.1 screenshots

[quote author=Kernel_Killer link=board=6;threadid=4713;start=0#47387 date=1030570242]
    Yeah, it's in the latest Keramik package, but getting the Kicker to go back from trans is a pain in the ass. There wasn't an option for it, it just happened with the style. :P
    [/quote]

probably some hack then cuz i'm using the KDE 3.1 CVS code from about a week ago and keramik is being developed inside of that CVS code so it doesn't get much later than that

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=6;threadid=4713;start=0#47308 date=1030552428]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=6;threadid=4713;start=0#47306 date=1030550426]
    Ralinx: Is that a transparent menu for the keramik style I see in your older screenshots? If it is, how exactly did you do that? I've been poking around and all I can seem to dig up is how to get a transparent kicker. Transparent menus would really hit the spot. The option for transparency is greyed-out in the styles section.
    [/quote]

Look & Feel - Style - Effects
    then check Enable GUI effects
    then for Menu effect set "Make Translucent"

how did u get the kicker transparent? i know there's a transparancy patch but i don't feel like recompiling right now so i'm hoping there's an option for it by now but i haven't found it yet
    [/quote]

Tells me the style I'm using doesn't support the Make Translucent option > Guess you're using a patched source. As for the transparent kicker, yes you have to get the patched version. It's a pain in the ass, and it's true that you can't get the panel back to normal, but the transparent kicker really is a thing of beauty.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=6;threadid=4713;start=0#47400 date=1030584394]
    Tells me the style I'm using doesn't support the Make Translucent option > Guess you're using a patched source.
    [/quote]

no as i mentioned before i'm using KDE CVS which has the official Keramik code... i don't use any patches for keramik. i don't know what the problem is cuz i've been able to use transparant menu's with Keramik ever since the first time i've tried it.

Good Guru

Well, Tyr, I got the same issues as you. I have been trying to make KDE useful, but all I can do is run crying like a baby. I got the menus transparent, but the kicker is not.

My quetion is -- how can I make a bar up top of the screen with just the pager and task list? I have made a real addiction to having the app panel at the bottom with logout/lock buttons and a clock, but for the life of me cant make a centered panel up on top with just the two items I mentioned. And also how can I turn off the auto paging when my cursor hits the edge. I havent abandoned KDE for [i]that[/] long. I cant figure out how that option got enabled, or from where. But that is really irritating. If I go home, KDE2, doesnt do that, nor KDE3 from SuSE.

Thanks much all!

Schotty: Just right click the 'pull-tab' for those items, and choose 'remove'.

Has anyone seen my background anywhere? I've lost it, and I can't find it again. :'(

i let Tully inspire my desktop:
    http://users.pandora.be/davy.brion/snapshot1.png

Somehow, I've become very attached to my last background. :P I just searched through all of freashmeat's WindowMaker themes thinking that's where I got it. (2671 freakin' themes) I guess I should specify which one, if anyone is willing to help. It's the one off my RedHat box, with the Anime character, and says "There Will Be Code". I tried searching everywhere I know for it, and no luck what so ever. BTW, I check every single background on KDE-Look.org also. :P

Good Guru

[quote author=Kernel_Killer link=board=6;threadid=4713;start=0#47523 date=1030663289]
    Schotty: Just right click the 'pull-tab' for those items, and choose 'remove'.

Has anyone seen my background anywhere? I've lost it, and I can't find it again. :'(
    [/quote]

Well, its no problem to do the main kicker(app icons, logout/lock buttons, and a clock). I got that pretty much the way I want. Its getting a second one, that is for the pager and applist. But anyhow, I am going to look for your pic. If I can find it I wll email ya it (providing you have it listed in your profile )

Good Guru

Fuck it here ya go

http://www.kde-look.org/content/file...willbecode.jpg

Providing thats the one that you wanted ......

HELL YA!!!! That's really screwed up! I looked all over that site, and never found it. :P

Thanx Schotty!!!!