Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IPTABLES: effect 2 ports with one rule

Thread: IPTABLES: effect 2 ports with one rule

IPTABLES: effect 2 ports with one rule

Hi,

I wanted to give access to ports 22 and 80 to one ip address or even subnet. I can do it like this

./iptables -I INPUT -s 129.0.0.1 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
    ./iptables -I INPUT -s 129.0.0.1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

But can I do this with just one rule instead of 2??

thanx,

Re:IPTABLES: effect 2 ports with one rule

I forget the exact syntax, but you can if you use the --multiport option. I'll check my script tomorrow if you want and post the exact syntax.

yea, if you can do that I'd appreciate it.

also, I created a rule at the bottom of the chain that should block out every port from every address except the machine itself.

-A INPUT -s ! 127.0.0.1 -j DROP

when I do this it blocks ALL traffic. IN and OUT, I can't ping, nothing. Im really trying to block every port and use rules at the top of the table if I want to allow access to ports, or from other IP's. Why does this block everything?

thanx,

OK here's what you need to do:
    Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i $your_interface -p tcp --multiport --destination-port 22,80 --syn -j ACCEPT
    The multiport switch must proceed the protocol sepcification in the line.

If you want to drop everything else, I would start out your script with a default target policy, such as
    Code:
    iptables --policy INPUT DROP
    iptables --policy OUTPUT DROP
    iptables --policy FORWARD DROP
    Now you must accept everything on the loopback, and all outgoing traffic from the box itself. You must also accept incoming server replies to local client requests (like upd traffic for your DNS client).
    Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

iptables -A OUTPUT -o $your_interface -s $your_ip_address -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -i $your_interface -p tcp ! --syn -d $your_ip -J ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -i $your_interface -p udp -s $your_name_server \
         --source-port 53 --destination-port 1024:65535 -J ACCEPT
    Rule precidence matters. The last rule in your script wins out. So if you put a rule blocking everything at the end of your script, it will override all rules that come before it. Hope this helps some and is not confusing.

Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i $your_interface -p tcp --multiport --destination-port 22,80 --syn -j ACCEPT
    Actually you have to put the module switch in front of multiport and it only works when the -p tcp/udp switch is used.

Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -i $your_interface -p tcp -m multiport --dport 22,80 --syn -j ACCEPT
    At least, that's the only way I could get it to work on my machine.