Thread: [Win95] Disk Agent openning at startup

[Win95] Disk Agent openning at startup

yea yea i know windows 95...

but anyway my friend has a rather old computer and it's win95 and it was in rather bad condition (soft and hard) so i fixed it up, the only thing still wrong with it is every time it starts up it opens the Disk Agent Compression thing. i tried setting C: to never compress but it still pops up. i looked in the registry and in the start menu startup folder. no luck

any one know how i can fix this?

thanks

[edit]i'm moving this to the windows forum just to get some more content over there, and because even though it's a dead topic it belongs there[/edit]

Re:[Win95] Disk Agent openning at startup

I assume you have looked in the start ->Prorgams ->start folder to take it out of there, if it is there.

Also, you may want to DL and run regclean on that system. I just did this on a couple of old 95 boxes and it really boosted their performence.

I don't think 95 has the MSCONFIG tool, but you can go to Download.com and get StartupCPL, and it should allow you to enable/disable everything that starts with the computer.

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=4657;start=0#46592 date=1029980657]
    I don't think 95 has the MSCONFIG tool, but you can go to Download.com and get StartupCPL, and it should allow you to enable/disable everything that starts with the computer.
    [/quote]
    score, yea it didn't have msconfig and i checked the registry and startmenu thing and didn't see it so i wasn't sure where to look. i'll check out startupcpl and regclean next time i'm at her house.

This topic is offensive to many of the people on these forums, including myself, so I'm closing this thread. (Joking...)

Another place to look for opening apps is in system.ini. Unless it's a really old program though, you probably won't find anything in there.