Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Setting up an old box as Gateway/Firewall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up an old box as Gateway/Firewall

Setting up an old box as Gateway/Firewall

I think this would be a nice PET. I have an idea on what would be needed, but I am not sure on how to do the IP forwarding, or what the firewall rules should do.
    If anyone out there did this, I'd be very grateful.

Re:Setting up an old box as Gateway/Firewall

Seems that there was already one for BSD on the PET section, but it says it is unavailable...
    I guess I can use the other networking PET's..

Good Guru

my OBSD one is there. I know it is. In fact I will even offer tech support in case you need it.

Link to it

That looks great man! However, I know nothing about BSD...
    Besides, how would I set up a firewall there?
    Also, I connect to the net by PPPoE. I use Roaring Penguin's client. Would that compile and work under BSD?

This is the one I meant, that was not working.
    http://www.linuxjunior.org/cgi-bin/p...play&id=42

ok, according to this, I can connect, using built-in support.
    http://real.ath.cx/BSDinstall.html

Good Guru

Hey, sorry to take a while

In OpenBSD, pf does the firewalling, port forwarding, and natting. I can say, a minimalist OBSD gateway can be done in less than an hour if you know what you are doing. Took me about 2 1/2 to do the install when writing the PET. The PET I posted is nearly identical to what I did for my boss. I only removed some dumb shit regarding UNIX commands (I highly doubt that the PET needed a 'vi' tutorial/flyby).

If you have any issues that you need resolving, feel free to ask.

Allright. I will give it a try next weekend. I set up a DSL router to connect to the net, so connection won't be a problem.
    I'll probably come back to ask some stuff by then. ;D
    Thanks.

Good Guru

Elmore has a talent filled BSD user board over at www.screamingeelectron.org. There are some real BSD gurus over there. One of the gods is giving me a helping hand. #screaming electron on opn.

HTH, I can boe found in #ljr or #screamingelectron.

Thanks for the plug but that's

www.screamingelectron.org

Come on by I'm sure we can walk you through a ppoe setup. That's no big deal.

Allright. I will on the weekend when i get to work on it.