Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Still in resume hell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still in resume hell

Still in resume hell

Ok, I'm still sloggin through resumes, and more then once I have come across the words: "proficient in Linux 7.0." WTF is Linux 7.0? Is there something in the world called Linux 7.0 that I am unaware of? Seriously, am I missing something? Please fill me in.

Mentor

Re:Still in resume hell

For a lot of ignorant people Linux = Red Hat. Makes me wonder just how "proficient" they are ...

I'm proficient in Linux 3.0 and BSD 4.6.2. ;D

I'm also pretty handy with Windows 02.

[quote author=tolstoy link=board=14;threadid=4633;start=0#46321 date=1029802793]
    Ok, I'm still sloggin through resumes, and more then once I have come across the words: "proficient in Linux 7.0." WTF is Linux 7.0? Is there something in the world called Linux 7.0 that I am unaware of? Seriously, am I missing something? Please fill me in.
    [/quote]

Geez, are people really that stupid? If it were me I'd send them an email/note back telling them there is no such things as Linux 7.0 stating the current-stable version of linux is 2.4.x and 7.0 is a distro release number.

Good Guru

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=4633;start=0#46322 date=1029803268]
    Makes me wonder just how "proficient" they are ...
    [/quote]
    Exactly ...

Some of those guys think that as they can wonder around in Linux and got it installed, they think they are proficient ...

As some of you might recall, I usually help my friend teach at Technical school. Almost all of the hardware are identical and we made sure that all hardware are supported. They would install it and claimed that they are expert in Linux now that they know how to install one and know a few commands....

I told them, come to one of Linux installfest and install one on the box that people bring in. Then I will see how you solve all those cheap hardware problems ...

:

heh that is funny, I love it when people stretch there resumes to far and it backfires. I have a bad habit of being very humble about my skills because I know/work with very skilled people. I would apply for that job if it wasn't in the city....I just don't get along with the city.

[quote author=tolstoy link=board=14;threadid=4633;start=0#46321 date=1029802793]
    [/quote]

You don't know what Linux 7.0 is? You ignorant moron! Linux is a computer operating system, you know, a bit like Windows, but much inferior - it doesn't even run Excel or support most modern modems! Linux was invented by a company called "Red Hat", so of course Linux 7.0 is the version 7.0 of the operating system that Red Hat invented. :

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=4633;start=0#46322 date=1029803268]
    Makes me wonder just how "proficient" they are ...
    [/quote]

LOL

Exactly. ;D

[quote author=NGene link=board=14;threadid=4633;start=0#46375 date=1029846892]
    [/quote]

You don't know what Linux 7.0 is? You ignorant moron! Linux is a computer operating system, you know, a bit like Windows, but much inferior - it doesn't even run Excel or support most modern modems! Linux was invented by a company called "Red Hat", so of course Linux 7.0 is the version 7.0 of the operating system that Red Hat invented. :
    [/quote]

Don't laugh. For a minute there I thought your name was Roger. I had a conversation with the resident department moron just a little over a week ago. Just when I think his idiocy can not reach a lower level he opens his mouth again. His diatribe was almost identical to what you wrote except he added that Linux was just Windows freeware invented and owned by Bill Gates. I asked him if the name Linus Torvaulds (sp) meant anything to him and his reply?..."No, does he work here?"

I didn't even know what to say.

Mentor

[/quote]

Can you e-mail them back a professional letter asking what they could do in Linux 7.0? could they explain their experiences, could they tell you what linux 7.0 IS, run a couple of senarios by them just to see how they would handle it?