Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Girl, boy]friends

Re:[Girl, boy]friends

I don't know. It depends on the girl.

If 'B' doesn't work right away, you can always try 'A' and then revert to 'B' later on.

It also depends on what you want out of your relationships. If you want a lot of sex, you should definitely go the 'A' route (I put that in the 'A' section because the title of the article is misleading). Long term relationships take a lot of work and there's always the possibility that the girl might actually end up not liking who you really are.

That's happened to me more than once (being dumped when the girl sees the 'real' me) but I still prefer the 'B' method. I also try not to look for love, because it seems like bad stuff tends to happen when things feel forced.

I don't really have any good advice here, though. My last girlfriend broke up with me a couple months ago when she found out that I was going into the Navy. What a swell gal... :

Ok, this is why I say be a flirt:

Whn you go out, if you see a girl (or boy) you think is cute, talk to them. Be yourself, be funny, have intelligent things to say, flirt, be confident, etc. If the girl (or boy) seems remotely interesting, get their phone number. Call them a few days later, taken them out on a date.

I have tried for years the "waiting around for Mrs. Right." Trust me, you do a lot of waiting, and in the meantime, a lot of Mrs. Rights wind up dating other, and marrying, more extroverted guys. As you get older, good dates become increasingly scarce. The whole waiting around thing gets worse and worse.

Now this by no means means becoming a cheese ball with "slicked forward hair". It just means becoming more extroverted and putting yourself out there, and yes, maybe going out on some bad dates. As they say: you only live once that you know of.

b. hang out with your friends and don't worry about it. you meet a lot of people just randomly that way

[quote author=philosophia link=board=14;threadid=4621;start=0#46308 date=1029789110]

b. hang out with your friends and don't worry about it. you meet a lot of people just randomly that way
    [/quote]

It's really tough to say, although I'm more a fan of b as well. Could be because b takes so little work. Just keep your options open. I've been doing the "b" thing for a few months, and just recently met an AWESOME girl. We met in the dentist office of all places! It had nothing to do with going out or picking up or flirting. We just started talking and I ended up asking for her number. You never know what's going to strike, so just sit back, enjoy life, and what happens happens.

[quote author=Frith link=board=14;threadid=4621;start=0#46295 date=1029777448]
    I also try not to look for love, because it seems like bad stuff tends to happen when things feel forced.
    [/quote]

That's a healthy attitude. Keep your options open but don't look for love desperately.

[quote author=NGene link=board=14;threadid=4621;start=0#46374 date=1029846264]
    That's a healthy attitude. Keep your options open but don't look for love desperately.
    [/quote]

[me=Ralinx]nods[/me]
    don't look for love, let love come to you

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=4621;start=0#46386 date=1029850758]

[me=Ralinx]nods[/me]
    don't look for love, let love come to you
    [/quote]

[me=Lovechild]thought Ralinx ran from love... [/me]

I found a good rule of thumb.... Don't do like Lovechild...

Good Guru

C. None of the above. I am a sexy ass bitch. Women lust after me. I tend to get raped more frequently than the average man.

[quote author=tolstoy link=board=14;threadid=4621;start=0#46298 date=1029781259]
    Ok, this is why I say be a flirt:

Whn you go out, if you see a girl (or boy) you think is cute, talk to them. Be yourself, be funny, have intelligent things to say, flirt, be confident, etc. If the girl (or boy) seems remotely interesting, get their phone number. Call them a few days later, taken them out on a date.

I have tried for years the "waiting around for Mrs. Right." Trust me, you do a lot of waiting, and in the meantime, a lot of Mrs. Rights wind up dating other, and marrying, more extroverted guys. As you get older, good dates become increasingly scarce. The whole waiting around thing gets worse and worse.

Now this by no means means becoming a cheese ball with "slicked forward hair". It just means becoming more extroverted and putting yourself out there, and yes, maybe going out on some bad dates. As they say: you only live once that you know of.
    [/quote]
    clearly this guy knows how its done. i agree
    100%.
    one more piece of advice: remove all negatives
    in yourself - such as smelling bad, dirty clothes or hair
    or teeth or fingernails, being extremely fat or wimpy, drunkenness or
    drug-centered lifestyle, lack of employment or goals,
    shyness, complaining alot, unhappiness or constant
    negative attitudes, being a perpetual failure .....