Thread: Old Mac 128

Old Mac 128

This is a little off topic but, does anyone know where I could come across a bootdisk for an old Mac 128? I bought it for $5. and I'd like to see it actually do something...

Re:Old Mac 128

If you look in the apple.com download page, and click on the link to older downloads, you should find it. If not, just check the sites that people have made just on that one Mac.

Well, I found a disk image for it, but the Mac 128k only supports 400k disks and I have no way to write to these, even if I had some...

Ahhh... I C your problem now. Rather SOL, or see if one of the 128 user groups will send one to you.

Well, I don't think there are any user groups for it since this mac was dis-contiuned in 1986

You would be very surprised. There are still Vic20 user groups. :P

i believe using setfdprm you can change it so you can write a 400k disk, maybe even make a 1.44 into a 400k. man setfdprm

good luck.

Kernel,

Which is the correct image for the boot disk you are discussing here. I have an Mac 128 M0001 and want to download the boot disk from apple (under support, older downloads).

I can figure out the setfdprm on my Linux machine, but I don't know which image from the apple support pages to download. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx, WB

[quote author=Kernel_Killer link=board=11;threadid=4620;start=0#46703 date=1030068193]
    If you look in the apple.com download page, and click on the link to older downloads, you should find it. If not, just check the sites that people have made just on that one Mac.
    [/quote]