Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New home for our IRC chan .. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New home for our IRC chan ..

Kind Mastermind

Re:New home for our IRC chan ..

[quote author=pbharris link=board=18;threadid=4593;start=0#46149 date=1029641144]
    Ralinx - I must say I very much appreciate the eggdrop bot you have installed. It is a source of almost too much amusement for me...

Thanks!!
    [/quote]

What, might I ask, is an eggdrop bot? Plus, I have never used an actual irc program (just the ljr chat page), are there any good tutorials? They confuse me a bit.

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=18;threadid=4593;start=0#46169 date=1029676155]
    What, might I ask, is an eggdrop bot? Plus, I have never used an actual irc program (just the ljr chat page), are there any good tutorials? They confuse me a bit.
    [/quote]

for a good irc program i recommend X-Chat (both for linux as windows). it's fairly easy to get used to.

an eggdrop bot is one of the many types of bots available for IRC channels. it doesn't use a lot of resources and with scripts u can make it do a lot of stuff. This particular bot is called Pothead and if u type !help it will show u this:

<Ralinx> !help
    -Pothead- Hello, i'm Pothead.. the stoned eggdrop IRC bot and i'm being pimped by Ralinx
    -Pothead- These are the commands i listen to:
    -Pothead- !insult nickname => insults the given nickname
    -Pothead- !bofh => displays a random Bastard Operator From Hell excuse
    -Pothead- !dubya => displays a random George W. Bush quote
    -Pothead- !seen nickname => displays the last time the given nickname was seen
    -Pothead- .addquote quote => adds the given quote to the quote database
    -Pothead- .quote => displays a random quote
    -Pothead- .quote index => displays the quote with the given index
    -Pothead- .talk <on|off> <minutes> => if u turn this on i'll say random quotes at the specified interval
    -Pothead- .delquote index => removes the quote with the given index
    -Pothead- that's all for now folks, more will be added once Ralinx feels like it
    it's main reason for existance is the logging of the chan so we can generate stats, but i figured i might as well add some extra features to the bot for our amusement

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=18;threadid=4593;start=0#46175 date=1029679094]
    [quote author=stryder144 link=board=18;threadid=4593;start=0#46169 date=1029676155]
    [/quote]

for a good irc program i recommend X-Chat (both for linux as windows). it's fairly easy to get used to.

an eggdrop bot is one of the many types of bots available for IRC channels. it doesn't use a lot of resources and with scripts u can make it do a lot of stuff. This particular bot is called Pothead and if u type !help it will show u this:

<Ralinx> !help
    -Pothead- Hello, i'm Pothead.. the stoned eggdrop IRC bot and i'm being pimped by Ralinx
    -Pothead- These are the commands i listen to:
    -Pothead- !insult nickname => insults the given nickname
    -Pothead- !bofh => displays a random Bastard Operator From Hell excuse
    -Pothead- !dubya => displays a random George W. Bush quote
    -Pothead- !seen nickname => displays the last time the given nickname was seen
    -Pothead- .addquote quote => adds the given quote to the quote database
    -Pothead- .quote => displays a random quote
    -Pothead- .quote index => displays the quote with the given index
    -Pothead- .talk <on|off> <minutes> => if u turn this on i'll say random quotes at the specified interval
    -Pothead- .delquote index => removes the quote with the given index
    -Pothead- that's all for now folks, more will be added once Ralinx feels like it
    it's main reason for existance is the logging of the chan so we can generate stats, but i figured i might as well add some extra features to the bot for our amusement
    [/quote]

Sweet! I've got to download xchat and give it a go. I'll have to check pothead out, too.