Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Gnome 2 anyone ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gnome 2 anyone ?

Gnome 2 anyone ?

Just wondered if there are people here who use gnome 2 .. I recently installed it and i think its better than KDE 3 ..

Good Guru

Re:Gnome 2 anyone ?

ch-b, you are correct -- GNOME 2 does look better than KDE3. I have it onone box at this moment at home. I am running it on RedHat 7.2. Once 8.0 is released, my whole LAN will be GNOMEd. I just am not in the mood to do any more source installs of this magnitutde. Unless RH has some rpms out finally.

yep .. its not easy to install it from source - but there are beta rpms from ximian around ..

http://primates.ximian.com/~jacob/gnome-2-snapshots/

Good Guru

I am trying my best to avoid Ximian's stuff. redHat has an unbelievalbe problem playing nicely with them during OS upgrades. But you do have a point. Ximians' stuff is very nice, and simple as hell to deal with.

I am runing GNOME 2 for the most part (the packages in Debian Unstable). It's pretty fast compared to Gnome 1.4 and KDE 2.x/3.x.

Good Guru

Okay, am I acting brain damaged?? I installed SuSE on my box at work (to test the integrity of one of the dupes I made) and I got it installed. Grabbed the GNOME2 rpms off of suse.com. I load it up (and did the slight mod that GNOME reccomended) and I get no text or proper GTK widgets (not all but most are borked). What the hell? RedHat worked okay. I am reloading it with RedHat now.... but still is there something I missed?

I have it installed, but I've yet to play with it. I installed gentoo two or three weeks back, and I'm STILL drooling over KDE 3. Gimme a few more months to get over it

yep i also had kde3 installed before - but for now it is gnome 2 ;D

Honestly, it felt a lot like Gnome 1.4 to me. It might be a little faster.

On the other hand GDM sure has changed a lot, it is pretty but it seems to have less functionality than before.

anyone know where to find a slackware package of it?