Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decent cdburner app for KDE?

Re:Decent cdburner app for KDE?

[quote author=ch-b link=board=2;threadid=4550;start=0#47775 date=1030811977]
    [quote author=Coral Sea link=board=2;threadid=4550;start=0#47774 date=1030811728]
    My favourite GUI toaster is Gcombust. But, I have to admit, after using the CLI, once you get the hang of it it's probably faster to use the CLI.
    [/quote]

yep .. i burn all my isos CLI its just faster - but for audio i use gtoaster .. another question is there an app that can burn ogg files ?
    [/quote]

It's been awhile since I've burned audio CDs, but I think you have to convert the files to WAV format first. Go to http://www.mp3-to-wav.com/ for the correct tool.

Lovechild I feel the same frustration.... There is no decent burner apps out there. There is some apps that are good at one aspect of burning but not another...

Advisor

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=2;threadid=4550;start=0#46844 date=1030154902]
    Ah, never mind ...

I found Arson and installed it .... That thing is NOT useable .....

It wouldn't find any of the devices I have. Both CDROM and CDRW. I can manually scan the devices but the program won't see it. Then when I tried to manually configure it and tell it the cdrecord is in /usr/bin/cdrecord, it said the file is not executable. :

At least with XCDRoast, it would see all my devices and stuff. It just won't support on the fly copy ( it said it's just for DATA CDs but not for VCDs or Audio CDs. ).
    [/quote]

Are you running it as root? It wont' detect any of my devices unless I'm logged in as root.

I have found that k3b is quite good myself.

And as for ogg vorbis files, I belive that if you configure arsonon with --with-vorbis it'll work with vorbis files.

i always use gtoaster! Its so simple, i mean unless you want crazy multi-sessions, weird cds, use gtoast. Just drag and drop, and click the cdburn icon.. It can do isos very good as well

[quote author=PK link=board=2;threadid=4550;start=0#48770 date=1031597181]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=2;threadid=4550;start=0#46844 date=1030154902]
    Ah, never mind ...

I found Arson and installed it .... That thing is NOT useable .....

It wouldn't find any of the devices I have. Both CDROM and CDRW. I can manually scan the devices but the program won't see it. Then when I tried to manually configure it and tell it the cdrecord is in /usr/bin/cdrecord, it said the file is not executable. :

At least with XCDRoast, it would see all my devices and stuff. It just won't support on the fly copy ( it said it's just for DATA CDs but not for VCDs or Audio CDs. ).
    [/quote]

Are you running it as root? It wont' detect any of my devices unless I'm logged in as root.

I have found that k3b is quite good myself.

And as for ogg vorbis files, I belive that if you configure arsonon with --with-vorbis it'll work with vorbis files.
    [/quote]

Set the permission on cdrecord to a+x so you don't have to toast as root.

For tips and tricks, go to http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplan...orials/4342/1/.