Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MS Exchange 2000 question (yeah, kill me alright)

Thread: MS Exchange 2000 question (yeah, kill me alright)

MS Exchange 2000 question (yeah, kill me alright)

I am with a friend at her job and their Exchange Server is fscked up. When an Outlook 2000 client tries to check their mail, before they can even do so, they have an error message indicating that there are no more Exchange licenses available for this client (???). Given that the Sysadmin is gone for 2 weeks in Hawaii and is pretty much unreachable, she doesn't know what to do.

So, if anyone with Exchange knowledge knows what to do, any help would be very much appreciated, because 40 people are waiting for emails to get to work.

Thanks a lot guys, send the flames to /dev/null

Re:MS Exchange 2000 question (yeah, kill me alright)

I keep getting errors that no more Exchange client licenses are available, even though we're not exceeding our license count. Why? Last update: November 18 1999 23:43

The Windows NT License Logging service is buggy. The fix for this problem is twofold. First, make sure that you really do have enough CALs for your users. Next, disable the License Logging service on your Exchange servers. This is perfectly legal, moral, and in accordance with the Good Housekeeping seal of approval guidelines. (Well, OK, that last isn't true.)

The above is found at:
    http://www.exchangefaq.org/security/0003.php3

I feel your pain. I have massive problems with how Win2k records normal CAL usage with used in conjunction terminal server. My server tells me I am out of compliance by like 500+ users, yet M$ assures me that I have set up my license model correctly.

Good Guru

I have this shit all of the time with the login licenses, SQL, and Exchange as well. We have a horrendous turnover rate in customer service, and that accounts to a TON of old accounts that need to get vaped from everywhere.

I every couple of weeks will sit down in the license manager and vape old people out. Try doing that. It works.