Thread: Baldurs gate 2 Shadows of Amn

Baldurs gate 2 Shadows of Amn

???
    Hey guys,
    I was playing BG2 the other day and was in Firkraag's Dungeon, when i was sufficiently beaten down and used like an old sock. Now, I could moderatly appreciate that, I good beat down reminds you of who you are. After several hours, I finally broke down and cheated. Now that my paladin (and everyone else) in my group has max XP, all the really cool weps, the grooviest armor, yada yada yada..... I still get beat down. I thought turn undead was supposed to like.... turn undead. Can anyone give me some tips?
    10Dedfish :'(

Re:Baldurs gate 2 Shadows of Amn

Exactly what part is it that your having problems with? Reading some of the walkthroughs, there is a huge red dragon that you may or may not fight depending on how far you are into the game etc.. Where and what are you fighting that is giving you the probs?

The vampires. Granted there are only about 6 of them and one is fairly mature ( in vampire terms). I havent even made it to the really big red dragon yet. :-\

Tried using stakes, I hear from a friend that you have to do the old stake and bake on the vampires - I brought the game when it first came out but I never played it, because I haven't beaten the first BG game yet, I want to see EVERY single plot point availiable.

do the cheap BG2 trick,setup traps ahead of him.Rest somewhere,setup more traps,repeat,then cast the spell at him and make him move towards the traps and he should die instantly if there are enough traps set.

I havent found a place that even sells stakes yet. I know that later in the game i have to face Bodhi (vamp in graveyard). I have tried using the Priest spells "False Dawn" and after two of those i still got beat down.
    You would think that a +5 Holy avenger would do some damage to undead.Jeez