Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Do we have a sponsorship now ?

Thread: Do we have a sponsorship now ?

Do we have a sponsorship now ?

Just wanted to submit a PET then i saw something like :

Code:
    Walmart.com:
    Microtel
    PCs
    i think its nice .. or is this just a weird bug ;D

Mentor

Re:Do we have a sponsorship now ?

It is there on purpose. It serves several functions:
    1.) I'm experimenting with some stuff for a new site. I want to see how this kind of link would work.
    2.) I found in the server's log that a lot of people got here looking for Microtel PCs. Now I can send them to the right place.
    3.) If somebody happens to click on the link and buy a Microtel PC, we get some comission that will help with the hosting for LJR.

Don't worry, it does not mean that ads will start popping up all over LJR, but this one helps with my experiment and also relevant and helpful to the site.

Don't worry, it does not mean that ads will start popping up all over LJR, but this one helps with my experiment and also relevant and helpful to the site.
    I think adds from walmart would be cool. Advertising can pay a lot of bills. I find that money keeps people from getting burnt out ;D.

thx for explaining it, just was curious about that.
    Sounds good I mean a few banners would be good if it pays the bills -but pop ups shouldnt be used for this ..

[quote author=ch-b link=board=18;threadid=4498;start=0#44952 date=1028823649]
    but pop ups shouldnt be used for this ..
    [/quote]

so what if he uses pop-ups? every good linux browser can disable them
    i haven't seen one on my linux system in over a year

me neither - but i just think its not right to do so .. and what about browsers who cant suppress pop ups ..

I have no problems with a banner, if the member sponsoring doesn't work as good as it use to.

Mentor

All right guys, I said it before but I have to say it again:
    NO POPUP OR BANNER ADS ON LJR!

The only type of ad you will ever see is a text link to a product or service that is relevant to the site, placed in a very non-obtrusive way.

Get it? Got it? Good ...

okay then, I'll ask in a different way, want my cash cloverm ?

Mentor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=18;threadid=4498;start=#44968 date=1028828658]
    okay then, I'll ask in a different way, want my cash cloverm ?
    [/quote]

Sure, send me all you've got, I need another vacation ;D
    Seriously, I just want to see how my experiment goes, but if I get some money coming in, I'll use it for LJR hosting.