Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyway to import MS-Access 97 .mdf files

Thread: Anyway to import MS-Access 97 .mdf files

Good Guru

Anyway to import MS-Access 97 .mdf files

Greetings All!

I really need to get off this Windows box at work. I got Star Ofice 5.2, OpenOffice is downloading, and I have, but am VERY reluctant to even resort to, VMWare. I tried the MDB tools package, but it is beyond slow. And it doesnt import any of my queries, forms or reports. That is okay, but the speed is not acceptable.

BTW, almost all of my tables (like 6 or so) are linked, and 3 are static. I have a butload of queries, forms, and reports. I appreciate any help. If all else fails, I can rebuild the queries and such by hand (although not happily).

Re:Anyway to import MS-Access 97 .mdf files

hi schotty,
    i know cloverm was looking at this a few weeks ago... youmay wish to search his thread or PM him.

Good Guru

Yeah, I suppose I can reventure there, but I thought that mdbtools was what he chose. Ill check on that.

Thanks!

Mentor

I tried mdbtools, but it segfaulted every time I was trying to run it. I resorted to exporting the data to csv format on Win box.

Good Guru

Thanks. I regret that that wont work for me. Most of the msision critical stuff is on the MS-SQL server. I currently am doing a vmware solution. I installed access last night. It for now is the only app that is holding me back. I could care less about MS-Schedule at this point. I am starting to wow the boss with this web based sceduler that is great. No more pissed off field techs with this software !

I am looking at getting this MS-SQL driver that I found to work. Hopefully that will help.