Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Interesting article
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article

Interesting article

I found this today:
    http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000006D8D2.htm
    feel free to read and reply as you see fit. :

Re:Interesting article

how the hell does one respond to this?

Yes - we develop operating systems, give the source code away and will be stopping all rabbits from playing paint ball.

Linux has never received a penny of venture capital, nor an inch of advertising
    Uhhh... yeah...

That billion dollars that IBM didn't put into Linux, and the linux graffiti that they didn't get in trouble for, and the linux magazines that don't exist, and the big companies that don't develop distros. Right, no advertising and no money. Yep. Not a cent...

Pissed me off no end that did. Obviously another Windows devotee spouting off on a subject she knows nothing about. Impossible to use my arse. I don't have a degree in anything, but am able to read. Anything I couldn't find by R'ing TFM, i got help with from people here and at Linuxnewbie.

Perhaps it's us that's wrong for refusing to accept Windows as a system obviously far superior to UNIX.

factually incorrect, in other words, 6u115h17.

th3 4ut|-|0|2 0f th4t 1$ $0 /\/00b!

Heh. That article was so stupid it didn't even p1ss me off. Where do these people come from?

The real problem with Linux is that it is quite, quite unusable. Unless you have a higher degree in computer science, forget it.
    What's the IQ of this person? Can't be much higher than the IQ of a cauliflower. (sorry... I didn't mean to insult any cauliflowers)

They want to make it as hard as they can to join their gang. Read some of the noticeboards on the internet, with their stinging opprobrium for those unfortunates who haven't quite grasped why <snip>
    There is something very wrong with using the word opprobrium in an article when you are complaing about people trying to sound self important

Ahh well... article gave me a chuckle even if it did seem to be largly made up & with no real point.

Regards

ed

Each his gang. People who want to get into Linux gang need to read, learn and be intelligent and prove they have a brain. In the Microsoft camp, you just need a lot of money and you're in.

Well, I'll be damned. I am a Linux user, and so, after seeing this, I ran to my diploma and pulled out the document claiming that I had a B.S. in geology and there, right behind it, was my Ph.D in Computer Science that I didn't even know I had. ;D