Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

UPDATE!!!-I have to gloat-- UPDATE!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE!!!-I have to gloat-- UPDATE!!!

UPDATE!!!-I have to gloat-- UPDATE!!!

I have to brag about this one. I just bought an $80 artec 16x dvd player for my puter from staples. And I only paid 22.04 for it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Price matching so rocks!!! ;D ;D ;D

Good Guru

Re:I have to gloat

Theres room for more gloating. My 6x DVD (Pioneer IIRC) cost me $79 USD. I can easily disable region code checking, so thats a bonus.

Ok MM. Who beat the price? I would love to go down to Staples and pick up a $22 DVD drive. ;D

Right now, pricewatch has a link to http://208.158.105.20/P_650.htm

Print this out and go to staples. they pricematch 110%

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i can beat that

i just got my father's boss to pay me 485 euros (about 485 dollars) for a small project in VB that will only take me about a week of work

oh, and i can use the guy's laptop to develop it on so i don't have to install windows on my box

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=4450;start=#44558 date=1028552779]
    i can beat that

i just got my father's boss to pay me 485 euros (about 485 dollars) for a small project in VB that will only take me about a week of work

oh, and i can use the guy's laptop to develop it on so i don't have to install windows on my box
    [/quote]

VB ??? So you support M$ development? Or it does not matter as long as you get payed for it ... That's pretty sad. :'(

[quote author=kavarogep link=board=14;threadid=4450;start=0#44559 date=1028555659]
    VB ??? So you support M$ development? Or it does not matter as long as you get payed for it ... That's pretty sad. :'(
    [/quote]

yes
    it's so sad i'm gonna be counting my money with tears in my eyes

seriously though, i don't care if it's in VB. i do not support m$ development as u put it, but the fact of the matter is that most companies are using Windows. I would love to see all the companies in the world running Linux but face reality... they don't. Now i could say to this guy: "hey look... u use evil software from an evil company. i'm only gonna do it if i can write it in C++ with QT in Linux so i'm affraid u'll just have to convert ur entire office to linux including all the other software u've had people develop for u and then i'll get started on the project." Do you know what he's gonna do then? He'll kindly ask me to leave his office, then he'll hire someone else to write the program and then i won't be getting this easy money.

ideals are nice, but when it comes to getting paid, u just have to face reality and accept it. the odds of finding linux jobs are just too low right now. if a linux job comes my way i'll gladly accept it, but in the mean time i need to earn some money so i can either do it by writing this VB program or by selling drugs. Since i would use all the drugs myself i probably wouldn't sell anything therefore it would be better for me to write this program in VB and get the cash.

oh shut up there's nothing wrong with using VB.

I bet you would only be satisfied if he were using VIM/Emacs from the CLI to compile using gcc/g++

I have to agree, its all about the cash. Ideals are nice, but they dont pay the bills, nor fetch the cash for more/better puter parts.

Think I'll head to Staples here very soon. ;D

Always wanted a DVD-ROM.

As for the M$ company community, it's not going to be too long until you start working with Linux Ralinx. ;D Here in the US our Linux popularity in businesses has grown 30%. No telling how well it will grow where you are at. Probably at lot more than that. 2 years of VB can't be that bad. Maybe. :-\