Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Idea for new PET category
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea for new PET category

Idea for new PET category

What if we had a section simply entitled "commands"?
    People would then be able to submit PET's on individual commands, focusing on the most commonly used options and giving practical examples of doing useful things with them (as opposed to man pages which contain a lot of obscure stuff to wade through).
    In other words, they would be "plain english man pages". One could go there to find out how to use a particular command, or browse it to find new commands to learn.
    I don't mind starting the ball rolling by writing the PET for "clear"

Good Guru

Re:Idea for new PET category

sounds cool.

good idea ..
    but, i think a main problem for now is to find the pets - they are somewhere hidden - they should be more advertized, maybe with sticking topics in the right forums - so the X pet would be a link in the X and windowmanager forum, so the people would get more and better information ..

Good Guru

but ch-b, there is a dsiplay all option that makes it real easy to find one. It takes me like 4 seconds to whip through the entire list -- at most.

yep ... you are right but, i meant that you can find the whole pet section easier ..

Good Guru

Perhaps one of us should design a PET logo or something. That logo could be placed on the main page. Just a thought.

good idea - but im not really good in designing things so anyone else who could make such a logo ?

Good Guru

Ill give it a whirl. But others please join in! We can have a vote or something and submit it to Cloverm for final decision. He does run the site, ya know

[quote author=ShadowMan link=board=18;threadid=4440;start=0#44414 date=1028394742]
    We can have a vote or something and submit it to Cloverm for final decision. He does run the site, ya know
    [/quote]

what makes u think he'll actually do anything? i proposed a PET editor a while ago, just someone who had access to all the PET's so it was at least possible to make small changes to a PET if the original author wasn't around anymore and of the people who responded, most thought the PET editor was a good idea. till this day, there is no PET editor though

Good Guru

Perhaps coding time? If I understand correctly, he is pretty busy. That would explain it. But I see no point in bothering him with a topic that has (at this point) 2 suporters. If there becomes a support, then ask. ITs the only polite way to do this. I would imagine that if the artists do it in a sane fashion, we could have a decent chance of getting it approved.

The way I see it:

successful_addition = sane_idea + no_work(cloverm) || little_work(cloverm)

We'll see I suppose.