Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

.profile not working correctly

Thread: .profile not working correctly

Hybrid View

.profile not working correctly

Hi everyone.

First question off is that is it required to have a .kshrc file active when needing the .profile file?

On this particular server Im on its linux 2.2.19 altho we are using Unix commands.

Problem: stty erase ^h is not working correctly, what funtions is the back space key which is what i want, but here i have it set for the h and no changes evident in this and not sue why?

Other thing is, that my command recall is not working, it should act like the vi editor and its not working so not sure why either.

on my other server it functions correctly, however that portion of the info is in the .kshrc file whearas this one is in my .profile file so not sure if that is the problem.

Here are the contents of my .profile file.

Code:
    set -o vi   #setup command line recall for vi
    set -o trackall    #trackall option to track all aliases for faster recall.

#alias'
    alias -x h=history

term=vt100
    PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:$HOME/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/usr/local/
    bin:/usr/local/share/bin
    PS1="karinj2"
    CDPATH=:$HOME
    export TERM PATH PS1 CDPATH
    stty kill '^q"
    stty erase '^H'

ENV=$HOME/.kshrc
    HISTFILE=$HOME/.sh_history
    HISTSIZE=128

if [ -s "$MAIL" ]           # This is at Shell startup.  In normal
    then echo "$MAILMSG"        # operation, the Shell checks
    fi                          # periodically.

mesg y
    Much appreciated if you can show this newbie the error of her ways.

TIA

Re:.profile not working correctly

Okay, I think i see some of the problems, the ENV
    is calling to look at the kshrc file which I don't have at the moment.

And I think this might be why its not working right. so either I need to create that
    file or do something else where the env is called from the profile file.

not sure if that is right tho, but will play some more and see what i can figure out.

unix is soooooooooooo very cool!!!!

Got the problem resovled, took out the PATH and also found their was an santax error and it was a quote problem.

Now everything works like its suppose to.

8) 8) 8)

And ..................... korn shell is soooooooo much better than that horrible bash. 8)

[quote author=linux_guru link=board=10;threadid=4432;start=0#44534 date=1028515000]
    And ..................... korn shell is soooooooo much better than that horrible bash. 8)
    [/quote]

Personally I like the korn shell very well. Frankly to be honest I really can't see the difference yet between korn and bash. I just am used to using the korn shell.

Just about every commercial flavor of Unix uses KORN shell, by default. AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, NCR, True-64, etc.