Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ssh and new openssl installation

Thread: ssh and new openssl installation

ssh and new openssl installation

Hi,

I have RH7.3 box w/ openssl-0.9.6b and openssh-3.1.

Openssh &Openssl is installed out of the box. I wanted to install openssl via source and use that installation for OpenSSH and my mod_ssl installations.
    If I unistalled openssl from the rpm. Will that effect the Openssh installation? If so how could I tell openssh to use the new openssl installation?

thanx

Re:ssh and new openssl installation

I don't think you have to worry about it affecting your OpenSSH install... OpenSSH and OpenSSL are 2 completely different packages

OpenSSH is used for secure telneting and can be used to scp and ftp too... but OpenSSL is for your httpd. AFAIK, please someone correct me if I have any of this wrong.

Good Guru

Uninstalling OpenSSL will not affect your OpenSSH since they are of two completely different stuff.

SSL don't make use of SSH as well as SSH don't make use of SSL.

Don't worry, you are correct, mcdougrs.

That's what I needed to know. I figure that ssh might possibly rely on Openssl to create it's incryped key/cert.

thanx