Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Who's is biggest??!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's is biggest??!!

Who's is biggest??!!

Okay, I have had a lot of flack from my housemates and girlfriend about how many boxes I have and that I don't really 'need' them all - I need proof that I am not the only one!!

How many boxes do you have and what do they do??

I have:
    Desktop - PIII 700 512MB RAM - Slackware 9.1
    LapTop - PIII 500 320MB RAM - Slackware 9.1
    Secondary Desktop - AMD Duron 700, 384MB RAM Win XP Pro, Debian 3.0r2 (sid)
    WebServer - PI 200 114MB RAM - Debian 3.0r1
    Email Server - PI 233 32MB RAM - Debain 3.0r2 & Qmail
    Router - PI 233 32MB RAM - SmoothWall GPL - Green/Orange/Red setup but waiting for the new release so that I can start playing around with wireless for the laptop!!

How BIG is yours??

Not so big, but cheesy enough to compensate

Desktop - AMD 1.4GHz MS XP (for the XYL and youngin's)

Experimentation - Aptiva something in various stages of builds. Basically, in Tinker Toy format currently.

3 "Victims" - assorted boxes ranging from 333 up to 1.0 Also in kit forms, from time to time. It's like having my own CIS lab. Only slower.

Collecting Dust - Commodore64 I don't know WHAT I'm going to do with this. It's been hacked, years ago by my Dad. Replaced the CPU and is now in 2 pieces with a heat sink bigger than my fist and an external fan.

How geeky am I if the 1.4 box at the top was built entirely of spare parts (case included) from the closets of me and 2 freinds??? WITHOUT touching any of the other boxes.

I have no shame :twisted:

Anjong ke seh yo,

Mr S.

be more specific? like how many in use? how many do you have? how many do you have access to? hehe

cause i keep 5 on my network, server 1, server 2/storage/media, workstation, distccbox, testbox, i have a laptop as well so sometimes 6, i also have 4 boxes back home, and a powermac g3, plus the closet pc's vic20, 3 286, 1 386, an apple IIe, now if you want to start talking about how many i have access to, i have 3 personal boxes at work, i control 5 servers 2 sun, 3 dell (2 older poweredge, 1 brand spanky new), i work on three labs worth of computers so 425 pcs, and 1 lab of macs 33 blue and white g4's, i work on all the machines in the educational departments, so each professors and secrataries machine, im also in charge of some Vtel machines we use for codec courses

at other jobs, i have a room full of over 500 pentium 1 and 2 units we took out of labs, plus all the 14/15 monitors

the list goes on, and quite honest i dont remember where all stuff is stashed or can keep track of it all, but the point is your gf is nuts, you have just the right amount, if not could need a few more

Associate
    At home i have

server: debian (woody) with samba file share/ dns server/ psybnc
    desktop: windows currently but adjusting hardware for linux
    Laptop: currently running debian (woody)
    What is \'Real\' ? How do you define \'Real\' ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Desktop: Gentoo (yay!)
    Laptop: Slackware 9.1
    Web Server: Debian Woody
    \"I will do what I have to do to be reelected.\"
    --George H. W. Bush, January 3, 1992

\"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.\"
    --George W. Bush, September 29, 2000

Ho, ho.

I don't feel as bad now! Have pointed all those non-=believers to this thread to back me up!!

Jamie

Desktop- AMD 1.6 Ghz; Dual booting Win2K and SuSE9.0
    Web Server - PIII 450mhz; SuSE 9.0
    Laptop - PII 300mhz; Slackware 9.1
    Laptop2- PII 300mhz; nothing yet, havent decided to mess with it.

Is this too much for a newbie teh handle? :shock:

Are you using the personal or professional version of SuSE?

How are you finding it - I did use SuSE 8.1 Personal and really liked it, but I had a play around with the Live version on 9.0 and didn't really like it.

Jamie

out of the RPM distros suse is the only one i would consider as a viable option, because YaST2 provides some function at maintaining the rpm system, the problem i see with it, it must be in yast to install so software is limited to source, so that quickly takes the rpm distros back out of being an option for me

Oh yeah SuSE is great, YaST2 is one the of main reasons for me sticking with it. Sorta getting my feet wet you know. I'm using SuSE 9.0 personal version.