Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Big screen - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big screen

Re:Big screen

Well if you have a Sony Vega or another trinitron type tube the TV out isnt too bad.... I have a 20" Vega and it can do tv-out at 1024x768 and if you up the font size a bit its not too bad...

But still as for the answer to the topic, Dual 15" or 17"s!

BTW, you dont watch a movie accross 2 screens, only 1

Good Guru

I am actually tempted to go quad 17". Thats only about $800 if I buy 4 new ones. And I can get pretty good ones at that too. I was in BestBuy last week looking at LCD's, and noticed the price of CRT screens.... nice and cheap.

Associate

http://www.massmultiples.com/mass_mu...c4q18_quad.htm
    That stuff could make my geeky dreams come true ;D
    I wonder if you'd see the text on the screens above a bit bad though

Good Guru

C4Q-18
    Quad Screen (2x2)
    1280x1024
    18.1" Active TFT
    220CD/M2
    $5,145
    Umm, a tad bit more than I have. Christ, thats worth more than all of my PC's together 8)

Associate

I might go for the 2 17" screens solution, but now for the GFX card trouble.

These are my current specs:
    800MHz P3
    128MB RAM
    Geforce 2MX 32Mb AGP

So, my options are to either buy a new PCI gfx card and put it in a free PCI slot, or I can buy a AGP card with dual VGA in.

If I go for the PCI card, I guess I get another Geforce2MX for the PCI port.
    Would it be worth it to buy a Geforce4 w/ dual video ports? I mean would it be a bit too fast for my 800MHz comp, so I would waste a lot of performance because my comp can't handle the high speeds?
    Thoughts?

Good Guru

My main PC is an Tbird 900. I got a major boost when upgrading my GF1 to GF2. I would imagine that there is still alot of room to go up still, with a GF3 or 4. Dont hold off on getting it if you want it. Linux plus a good piece of hardware that is supported in Linux == AWESOMENESS. Trust me.