Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Libranet 2.0 is up BUT....

Thread: Libranet 2.0 is up BUT....

Libranet 2.0 is up BUT....

Libranet 2.0 is up but I cannot get online or even ping any other machines on the network.

I've been an avid Slackware and Suse user the last 4 years and have been dealing with Linux since 1997. I've been trying to work with Libranet without getting discouraged since it's a bit different than Slack or Suse...getting harder to do.

Anyways, I installed Libra 2.0 and set everything up regarding the network. The IP for the machine is 192.168.1.101, the network is set to 192.168.1.0, the netmask is 255.255.255.0, the broadcast is 192.168.1.255, and the gateway itself is 192.168.1.1. I run a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless access point/cable router with this setup (yeah, I'm using a cable modem).

The thing is, this is exactly the way I had Libra 1.9.1 set up and it was accessing the internet fine. The 'link' lights on the router and the PCI NIC are lit, but I can't ping the other systems or any host that's online. I can ping eth0 and lo.

There are no eth0 or other networking errors showing up in 'dmesg'. The NIC's driver is also showing when i type 'lsmod'.

'/etc/init.d/networking start' starts up the devices and '/etc/init.d/networking stop' stops them...with the message "Deconfiguring network interfaces: SIOCDELRT: no such process" then shows "done" at the bottom of the message.

Also, my routing table is empty. The 'route' command will not let me add routes either.

I've installed Libranet 2.0 twice, using two different .iso files, the last one coming from the libranet site. I love the way 2.0 is (the software it has) but it looks like I may go back to the 1.9.1 version if I can't get this sorted out.

Any words of wisdom for me?

TIA

Ron @
    http://www.wigglit.com

Good Guru

Re:Libranet 2.0 is up BUT....

Can you connect a crossover cable to another box and ping that way?

libranet has the best tech support ever. id go to libranet
    forum and email Tal. i bet you get a response within hours
    (mon - fri anyway). i did!

Associate

Just a couple of common sense things...

ifconfig -a <-- look for up and running for eth0 (or whatever eth device your NIC is)

reset your network... power cycle everything. I have a D-link router, and a DSL modem. sometimes my DSL modem locks up and i have to power cycle it.

Try ping 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's IP is) if you get no response, you have no connection.

Also, make sure that all your numbers are typed in correctly (I mistyped my DNS a long time ago, and called my ISP and bitched. Embarassment learned me on that one...)

I love libranet. it has the easiest kernel compile of any dist i've found, and there are some things that i'm still getting used to, but keep up with it! good luck.

[quote author=thpook link=board=7;threadid=4353;start=0#43478 date=1027863340]
    Just a couple of common sense things...

ifconfig -a <-- look for up and running for eth0 (or whatever eth device your NIC is)

reset your network... power cycle everything. I have a D-link router, and a DSL modem. sometimes my DSL modem locks up and i have to power cycle it.

Try ping 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's IP is) if you get no response, you have no connection.

Also, make sure that all your numbers are typed in correctly (I mistyped my DNS a long time ago, and called my ISP and bitched. Embarassment learned me on that one...)

I love libranet. it has the easiest kernel compile of any dist i've found, and there are some things that i'm still getting used to, but keep up with it! good luck.
    [/quote]

OK ... I went back to Libranet 1.9.1. I'd tried everything you'd suggested already. I reinstalled twice after the initial install, then sat down on IRC with a Debian user and we both tried to get it going with no luck.

The moment 1.9.1 was installed, I was online. This is strange, as I also downloaded another .iso from a site other than the where I got 2.0 from. Something was missing but I'm not sure what. Very frustrating. I really would have liked to be using 2.0 but will have to suffice with 1.9.1. Hell, I don't think I even want to try any higher versions after this ruckus.

So, 1.9.1 it is...