Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Putty Appreciation Post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Putty Appreciation Post

Putty Appreciation Post

I know that NGene uses it, but is there anyone else that uses this valuable software?

Good Guru

Re:Putty Appreciation Post

All the friggin time.

i used it when i was doing my internship. for 6 weeks i was connected to my linux box at home through putty

putty kicks ass

Yeppers. Use Putty at work. Nice little progam.

First thing I do when I get on a computer is to get putty and connect home. I use it ALL the time.

what is this putty thing you speak of ?

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4348;start=0#43158 date=1027694368]
    [/quote]

It's a nice little exe that you can use in windows to telnet or ssh to a linux/unix box.

Speaking of putty, and the fact that I'm a crazy person...

Once just for the fun of it, I was setting up wine in my Slack box, and to test it out I wanted a nice small exe so I grabbed putty, and set it up in Slack, and used it to ssh to a UNIX box. It was really funny. You should've seen the UNIX admin's face when I told him what I'd done!!! ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4348;start=0#43158 date=1027694368]
    [/quote]

Google for puTTY's home page. I cant remember anymore.

A great little too to ssh/telnet to a remote host. I reccommend grabbing the enitre line of tools. Theres a sftp and tftp tools there that I use regularly as well.

Good Guru

[quote author=11000 link=board=14;threadid=4348;start=0#43161 date=1027694991]
    [/quote]

It's a nice little exe that you can use in windows to telnet or ssh to a linux/unix box.
    [/quote]

Not just linux --- any OS. I had a WinNT box that had ssh running on it that I used putty to connect. And do remember that telnet is evil. Evil! Evil!!!!! EVIL I SAY! EVIL!

[me=Schotty]goes beyond insane uttering EVIL over,and over again. Please shoot the sorry bastard, since it is really getting annoying.[/me]