Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Apache Documentation

Thread: Apache Documentation

Apache Documentation

Hi!
    Next week I have to set up a Linux box with Apache for our company...our 2 linux gurus are on holiday and the only guy left with a bit linux knowledge is me :
    I'll take this as an opportunity to learn something..

I'm searching for documentation, articles, how-to's,... for installing and configuring apache. Book tips are also appreciated.

For now I only want to set it up so that it is running :P....and then I can improve my knowledge and optimize it....

Any links, pets,..?

Re:Apache Documentation

I've always found this article very helpful and in fact, have it printed out so that I don't always need to find it.

http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/P...ess/page1.html

It shows how to set up LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, Php) + SSL. Its all compiled from scratch which is the only way I'd have it.

Thnx to gentoo apache is installed und running now after 5-10 minutes.

Code:
    emerge apache
    emerge tomcat
    ;D

I still have to figure many things out so keep the articles, links, how-to's coming 8)

Btw: thnx segfault, looks good.

Good Guru

Apache has always impressed the shit out of me because it is really simple to get going very quickly. I have run some really shitty webpages (for oddball crap, from Deathmatch ratings to just info). And it never took me more than 10 minutes. Of course that is ignoring the fact that the databasing and such could be a little difficult.