Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Men With Long Hair

Re:Men With Long Hair

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=0#43091 date=1027680328]

oh and long hair on men.... not trendy anymore, not even remotely pretty either.
    [/quote]

Not true Lovechild ... 'so you wanna be a rock supa-star...'? I think its almost a right of passage to be one ... that doesn't imply though that rock stars are necessarily handsome or anything .... but they sure do get alot of ass regardless

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=0#43159 date=1027694808]
    Yeah I read somewhere that he actually was like darker than we picture him and that it was possible that he didnt have long hair or even have a beard.
    [/quote]

If Jesus in fact lived he would most likely be a black d00d...

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=0#43159 date=1027694808]
    Yeah I read somewhere that he actually was like darker than we picture him and that it was possible that he didnt have long hair or even have a beard.
    [/quote]

Well, considering He was Jewish, then yes, He'd be darker then He's usually pictured. But most like short hair, since that was the style back then. Think of all the ancient Rome movies you've ever seen. Every body had short hair then. There is a verse in the Bible that mentions people plucking out his beard, so either He did have a beard or it was like a 3 day beard thing, which would be harder to pull out.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=0#43162 date=1027695440]
    [/quote]

Actually that's what my bro tells me.

Good Guru

Not to sound like a moron, but in all reality, he would have looked like what many (americans at least) would call an Arab. They were very tanned skin individuals (because of the constant barrage of hot sun). Not white as in Schotty-white (and Schotty is very white -- he doesnt know what the sun looks like anymore. Just the moon....)

As an ex-Hippie (only because they all died out), I still wear my hair rather long; it amuses me that, at 55, I have a full head of (mostly) brown hair. There are guys that I work with who are in their '30's that have REAL high foreheads; I have a tendancy to run my fingers through my hair when I'm talking to them- it's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.
    As far as what Jesus looked like, my own opinion would be that, if He were the son of God, His appearance would be generic; after all, God wouldn't want to offend anyone, would he?

This is how my hair looks right now. My longest strands of hair are 5 inches long.

Mentor

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=#43203 date=1027704990]
    This is how my hair looks right now. My longest strands of hair are 5 inches long.

[/quote]

Is that a bunk bed behind you?

Advisor

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=0#43091 date=1027680328]

Pictures also show Jesus to be white, when the bible claims that he's from a region which science has proven was inhabited by darker colored people...
    [/quote]

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, watch the movie Dogma ;D It suggests that Jesus was black.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=4340;start=0#43162 date=1027695440]

[/quote]

Well, that depends on whether or not you believe that the slaves that Moses led out of Egypt were black.

I think that he looked sorta like what we consider to be Arabs today, but probably with darker skin. I don't think people really got around all that much two millenia ago so I think it would be unrealistic to think that He looked even remotely white (unless the angel that paid the Virgin Mary a 'visit' was white).