Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help with a Windows question please

Thread: Help with a Windows question please

Help with a Windows question please

Ok I just got Road Runner and when I see my DNS name it reads something different than what I have in my network Identification tab... Windows ME by the way. I would like to change it to some human readable name like mcdougrs or something like that... now it is clt163-69-117.

I don't know if its just a road runner thing or not but man I would love to change that... I just thought... could it be the Norton Internet Security Fitrewall?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanx

*************edit****************
    Nevermind everyone... I called RR and they said that it is normal to RR. I think it has to do with the cable modem they gave me. Oh well I guess!!

Re:Help with a Windows question please

Uh......

Do you have a DNS server?

Road Runner sends back MAC-Like(/based) addresses as hostnames via DNS.

Road Runner sends back MAC-Like(/based) addresses as hostnames via DNS.
    Ahhh....

what the hell are you using windows ME for. ???

i mean, even bill gates is shaking his head sayin "we dropped the ball on that one guys"

HAHAHAHA ;D

Yeah I know... I try to get over to Linux wen I can ( I dual boot)... but there is not enough time to try and teach my wife enough linux so that I am not called into the room every 2 mintes asking how do I do this? how do I do that? where is this? how do I get to that? It can get kinda annoying.

But yeah ME came on the PC I purchased... If you have a spare one you can donate to me then I will use Linux exclusively. worth a shot I guess! :